Match Preview: Basaksehir 2-1 Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Basaksehir – Manchester Utd Betting Tips for today, November 4, 2020
Football: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 3
Kick-off: 18:55 Basaksehir – Manchester Utd
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 2:1 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Istanbul Başakşehir have suffered consecutive 2-0 defeats in their maiden UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage campaign, conceding all goals in just one half on both occasions. They’ve now failed to score in six of nine competitive games in 2020/21 (D1, L5), with all five defeats accompanied by a 2-0 scoreline.
- That includes a third consecutive all-time UCL home loss (including qualification), suggesting home comforts may not be enough to correct their woes, particularly as they’ve won just one of three Süper Lig home fixtures this term (D1, L1) – all three of which saw the HT result replicated at the final whistle. Furthermore, Başakşehir have lost seven of ten UEFA fixtures (W2, D1) as an outsider at all venues since the start of 2019/20, failing to score in six of those defeats.
- They will be vulnerable then against Manchester United, who have opened the scoring within 30 minutes in their last three UEFA encounters (W3). United also scored during both halves in their first two UCL group games, kicking off their UCL campaign with two victories for just the second time since Sir Alex Ferguson left.
- United continue to produce some high-scoring affairs on the continental stage, with nine of their last 11 UEFA matches finishing with over 2.5 goals, and the second half the higher scoring half in six of those nine fixtures. That includes a 5-0 win over Leipzig in their last such fixture – United’s biggest UCL victory since November 2013.
- Players to watch: With first-half goals in two of his previous three Süper Lig starts, İrfan Kahveci appears Başakşehir’s best chance of a positive start.
- United penalty taker Bruno Fernandes has scored in eight of 11 UEFA starts since the beginning of 2019/20, grabbing the game’s opener in four of his last seven such appearances.
- Hot stat: Thirteen of United’s last 16 competitive matches have featured a penalty (including extra time).
Match Preview: Jeonbuk - Ulsan Citizen Prediction and Betting Tips | KOREAN CUP
Match Preview: Persepolis - Shahr Khodrou Prediction and Betting Tips | PERSIAN GULF PRO LEAGUE
Match Preview: Hamburger SV 0-2 Hertha Berlin Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Spezia 0-3 Napoli Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A