Match Preview: Chile 2-0 Peru Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup – Qualification
Chile – Peru Betting Tips for today, November 14, 2020
Football: SOUTH AMERICA: World Cup – Qualification – Round 3
Kick-off: 00:00 Chile – Peru
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Chile are still searching for their first win of this FIFA World Cup qualification (WCQ) campaign (D1, L1) and have only opened the scoring in one of their last ten internationals (W1, D4, L5 – outcomes at 90 minutes). Interestingly, they’ve also conceded in or after the 80th minute in their last four matches that didn’t end goalless.
- However, they are at least unbeaten in three games on home soil (W2, D1), with their last two such matches seeing them complete their scoring with two goals within five minutes of each other. Encouragingly, they’ve won the last seven home H2Hs against Peru, with only one of those fixtures producing under 2.5 goals.
- Peru also have just one point to show from their first two WCQ outings (D1, L1) and like their opponents, they are vulnerable late on, conceding five times in or after the 80th minute across their last four matches. Whilst only trailing at HT in one of their previous seven fixtures (HT: W1, D5), they did still receive an average of 1.86 yellow cards per game during that sequence.
- Winless in three matches outside of Peru (D1, L2), their last five such games saw the scoring completed in one half. Despite their poor recent record in Chile, they have scored an average of one goal per game across the last nine away H2Hs (D1, L8). Seven (77.78%) of those nine strikes came after HT.
- Players to watch: Arturo Vidal netted both goals for Chile the last time they hosted Peru, and was Chile’s first goalscorer against Colombia in their last match.
- Peru’s Edison Flores has netted two goals against Chile, whilst five of his last seven international strikes came in the second half.
- Hot stat: None of the last 17 H2Hs between these Pacific Coast rivals were drawn (Chile: W12, L5). The last four games featured at least one goal in or after the 85th minute.
|Head-to-head matches: CHILE – PERU|
|04.07.19||CA||Chile||Peru||0 : 3|
|13.10.18||FI||Peru||Chile||3 : 0|
|12.10.16||WC||Chile||Peru||2 : 1|
|14.10.15||WC||Peru||Chile||3 : 4|
|30.06.15||CA||Chile||Peru||2 : 1|
Match Preview: Twente - Waalwijk Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: AEK Athens FC 0-3 FK Zorya Luhansk Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League
Match Preview: Olympiacos Piraeus 0-1 Manchester City Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Match Preview: Krasnodar 1-2 Sevilla Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League