Match Preview: Slovakia 1-0 Scotland Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA Nations League
Slovakia – Scotland Betting Tips for today, November 15, 2020
Football: UEFA Nations League – League B – Round 5
Kick-off: 15:00 Slovakia – Scotland
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Slovakia ground out a 2-1 extra-time win in Northern Ireland last time out in the first game for new coach Štefan Tarkovič, in turn securing consecutive European Championship appearances for the first time in their history. However, they’ve now failed to win their last six games within 90 minutes (D3, L3), and that’s despite scoring the opener before the 20th minute on three occasions.
- The hosts must win if they wish to avoid UEFA Nations League (UNL) relegation, but have won just one of their last seven home matches within 90 minutes (W1, D3, L3). They can mainly attribute that to their tendency to collapse after HT, with ten of the 12 goals they conceded across those games coming in the second half. The last two H2Hs also saw Slovakia concede the game’s only goal after HT (L2).
- Even a 90th minute equaliser didn’t rattle Scotland as they beat Serbia on penalties last time out to end their arduous wait for a first appearance at a major tournament since World Cup 1998. That hard-fought battle, their fourth consecutive game to produce under 2.5 goals, also extended Scotland’s unbeaten run to nine games – you have to go back to February 1930 to find a longer undefeated streak in Scottish history!
- In the UNL, the Scots remain unbeaten this campaign (W3, D1) and another win will see them promoted. All three UNL road trips in their history have produced over 2.5 goals (W2, L1) and the opener scored by the 25th minute, although it’s worth noting that the team that scored first ended up losing two of those matches.
- Players to watch: Marek Hamšík scored the opener in Slovakia’s last home game, and netted his nation’s final goal in their previous home win (90 minutes only). Ryan Christie has scored in Scotland’s last three away fixtures, twice netting the opening goal.
- Hot stat: The away side on the day has been leading 1-0 at HT in 50% of Slovakia’s last 14 games.
|Head-to-head matches: SLOVAKIA – SCOTLAND|
|11.10.20||UNL||Scotland||Slovakia||1 : 0|
|05.10.17||WC||Scotland||Slovakia||1 : 0|
|11.10.16||WC||Slovakia||Scotland||3 : 0|
Match Preview: Werder Bremen - Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Match Preview: Willem II - Den Haag Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Leeds 3-0 Southampton Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Juventus 3-0 Crotone Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A