Match Preview: Croatia 2-3 Portugal Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA Nations League
Croatia – Portugal Betting Tips for today, November 17, 2020
Football: UEFA Nations League – League A – Round 6
Kick-off: 20:45 Croatia – Portugal
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:3 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- An inferior result to Sweden will see Croatia relegated to UEFA Nations League (UNL) League B. On a brighter note for the hosts, Croatia have still registered six wins from their last seven competitive home games. Significantly, all but one of their last eight international home matches have featured three match goals precisely, with five producing a 1-0 HT scoreline (either way).
- Overall though, it’s just two wins from the last seven matches for Croatia (W2, D1, L4) with the World Cup runners up trailing at HT in all of the games drawn/lost, and witnessing an average of 1.86 total first-half goals per fixture across those games. Further to that, Croatia have conceded the opener in seven of their last nine matches.
- Powerful as ever in attack, Portugal have worn their dual UEFA Nations League and European Championship crowns well lately, averaging 3.00 goals – and a winning margin of 2.67 – across their three competitive wins attained this calendar year.
- Portugal cannot now defend their UNL title, and will finish second regardless of the result. However, they are unbeaten away from home in this competition (W2, D2), with both wins seeing them win the first half by a one-goal margin, scoring their 1H goals in question between the 31st minute and HT.
- Players to watch: Nikola Vlašić has scored Croatia’s opener in each of their last three competitive home games, all of which saw both teams score and share the first two match goals.
- Up-and-coming forward Pedro Neto is the only Portuguese call up born in the 2000s. Each of his previous six goals for club Wolves have arrived in the second half, four of which have come inside the 46th-60th minute period.
- Hot stat: Each of Croatia’s last eight competitive home games to witness both teams score have seen them net an odd number of second-half goals (W6, D1, L1).
|Head-to-head matches: CROATIA – PORTUGAL|
|05.09.20||UNL||Portugal||Croatia||4 : 1|
|06.09.18||FI||Portugal||Croatia||1 : 1|
|25.06.16||EUR||Croatia||Portugal||0 : 1 (0 : 0)|
|10.06.13||FI||Croatia||Portugal||0 : 1|
|12.11.05||FI||Portugal||Croatia||2 : 0|