Match Preview: Newcastle 0-2 Chelsea Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Newcastle – Chelsea Betting Tips for today, November 21, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 9
Kick-off: 13:30 Newcastle – Chelsea
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Newcastle United have been inconsistent but entertaining in the Premier League (PL) this season (W3, D2, L3), with five of their last six league fixtures featuring both teams scoring. However, no clean sheet in seven league matches is their worst run since conceding in 11 straight games in 2017. Although they’ve lost by 2+ goals three times already this term, it’s notable that the last four PL H2Hs were all decided by a one-goal margin (Newcastle: W1, L3).
- All four of Newcastle’s home league games this season (W2, L2) have produced over 2.5 goals, with five (83.33%) of the six second-half goals they’ve conceded arriving after the 75th minute. An average of 0.88 first-half goals per home PL game is the second lowest in the league this season.
- Coincidentally, 0.88 is also the average bookings per league game that Chelsea have received this season – the league’s equal-best record. The ‘Blues’ haven’t lost in 11 competitive matches (W6, D5 – 90 minutes), which is their best run since 2018 (18). Netting 3+ goals in five of their last six PL games (W3, D3), no side has scored more PL goals (20) than Chelsea.
- With one win in seven PL visits to St James’ Park (D1, L5), they’ve struggled here but could look to the coach for inspiration: nobody’s scored more goals (four) in PL H2Hs here than manager Frank Lampard! Meanwhile, they’ve registered seven (77.78%) of nine PL away goals this term after the break.
- Players to watch: Andy Carroll could start for Newcastle with Callum Wilson sidelined. He’s scored three PL goals against Chelsea, one of which came here. Meanwhile, Timo Werner has netted five goals in Chelsea’s last four competitive matches, three of them from the penalty spot.
- Hot stat: Newcastle have scored a league-high 80% of their PL goals this term after the break, while 12 (75%) of the 16 second-half goals their PL games have produced have come after the 75th minute.
|Head-to-head matches: NEWCASTLE – CHELSEA|
|18.01.20||PL||Newcastle||Chelsea||1 : 0|
|19.10.19||PL||Chelsea||Newcastle||1 : 0|
|12.01.19||PL||Chelsea||Newcastle||2 : 1|
|26.08.18||PL||Newcastle||Chelsea||1 : 2|
|13.05.18||PL||Newcastle||Chelsea||3 : 0|