Match Preview: Burnley 1-0 Crystal Palace Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Burnley – Crystal Palace Betting Tips for today, November 23, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 9
Kick-off: 18:30 Burnley – Crystal Palace
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- It’s been a tough start for Burnley, who remain winless in the Premier League (D2, L5), picking up fewer points than any campaign since their promotion, and less even than in their last relegation campaign. However, they have never recorded four straight home defeats to begin a PL season.
- Burnley have also lost their opening three home league games to-nil, but if superstition can play its part, that run could end here seeing as Burnley have scored in six of their previous seven PL matches held on a Monday night – none of which have ended level (W3, L4).
- Palace’s tally of eight first-half goals is only two fewer than they managed in the entire 2019/20 campaign. Consequently, the ‘Eagles’ have led at the break in five of their eight games so far. However, the second half in their away games still averages a higher amount of total goals (2.25) than the first (1.0).
- Though Crystal Palace have only won when leading at HT this term, they find themselves playing as a solid unit under Roy Hodgson, who has avoided defeat in six of eight career H2Hs with Burnley (W5, D1, L2). Just two of those games saw both teams score.
- Interestingly, Turf Moor is one of just three PL grounds that Palace have visited 5+ times and won more league games than they’ve lost (W3, L2) – the occupants of the other two grounds in question have since been relegated across only the last three completed PL seasons!
- Players to watch: One-goal Ashley Westwood is the only Burnley player to score across their last seven competitive games.
- Palace hitman Wilfried Zaha has already recorded as many goal involvements (five goals, two assists) in eight games as he did in the entirety of last season (four goals, three assists).
- Hot stat: Four of Roy Hodgson’s five prior managerial victories over Burnley have seen a 2+ goal margin.
|Head-to-head matches: BURNLEY – CRYSTAL PALACE|
|29.06.20||PL||Crystal Palace||Burnley||0 : 1|
|30.11.19||PL||Burnley||Crystal Palace||0 : 2|
|02.03.19||PL||Burnley||Crystal Palace||1 : 3|
|01.12.18||PL||Crystal Palace||Burnley||2 : 0|
|13.01.18||PL||Crystal Palace||Burnley||1 : 0|