Match Preview: Basaksehir 3-4 RB Leipzig Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Basaksehir – RB Leipzig Betting Tips for today, December 2, 2020
Football: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 5
Kick-off: 18:55 Basaksehir – RB Leipzig
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 3:4 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- İstanbul Başakşehir’s chances of progressing to the knockouts appear slim after their 4-1 defeat at Manchester United, although a win here will put them in with a shout of continuing their European adventure into spring. However all three of their UEFA Champions League (UCL) defeats this term (W1) saw them lose by at least a two-goal margin, including a 2-0 HT/FT loss to RB Leipzig in the reverse fixture.
- However, just two defeats at home this calendar year in all competitions (W12, D4, L2) shows Başakşehir could be a tough nut to crack, and they have managed a 1-1 draw in both previous European home matches against German opposition. There could be goals at both ends again here too, considering Başakşehir’s last six matches at all venues saw both teams score and over 2.5 goals, whilst four produced over 1.5 first-half goals.
- Two wins and two defeats this UCL campaign has Leipzig in a position where they could still finish anywhere from first to last place in this group, so victory seems vital. However that’s something which has eluded them across their last four competitive road trips (D1, L3), including both UCL away games this term, each of which saw Leipzig concede the opener by the 22nd minute and trail 1-0 at HT.
- However unlike those two matches, Leipzig are comfortable favourites here, and notably, they were unbeaten in five UCL road trips prior to those recent defeats (W4, D1). They scored at least two goals uninterrupted in four of those five games, and netted four penalties too.
- Players to watch: Club legend Edin Višća scored Başakşehir’s last UCL home goal, and netted in their two previous home games against German opposition. Angeliño scored Leipzig’s opener at the weekend, and a first-half brace in the reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: Four of Başakşehir’s five European games against German opposition featured a goal in second-half injury time.
|Head-to-head matches: BASAKSEHIR – RB LEIPZIG|
|20.10.20||CL||RB Leipzig||Basaksehir||2 : 0|