Match Preview: Derby 2-0 Swansea Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Derby – Swansea Betting Tips for today, December 16, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 19
Kick-off: 18:30 Derby – Swansea
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Progress is progress, even if slow, as Derby County increased their unbeaten run to five games with yet another draw (W1, D4), however they remain in the relegation zone ahead of this clash against promotion-chasing Swansea City. Yet to concede before the 80th minute across those five matches, Derby’s defence has got its act together – and faced only one shot on goal at the weekend – but upfront the ‘Rams’ have failed to score over 1.5 goals in all 20 competitive matches this season.
- Derby also remain the only side without a home win this Championship campaign (D4, L5), with their league-low average of 0.33 goals scored per fixture here the main culprit. However, 75% of their home points have been picked up across their last three games (D3), as have 66.67% of their home goals, so they are improving.
- To get a result against high-flying Swansea is going to be difficult though, especially as the Swans’ league-best defence (0.56 goals conceded per match) has helped them to an 83.33% unbeaten rate this Championship campaign – a percentage that rises to 90.91% when only including matches that Swansea began as favourites.
- The visitors haven’t, however, been particularly lethal up front, scoring an average of just 1.11 goals per Championship away fixture this term (W4, D3, L2), and subsequently only twice have they netted over 1.5 goals on the road. Yet considering the low-scoring nature of their away games, it’s a little surprising that only one-third have been goalless at HT, and none finished that way.
- Players to watch: Colin Kazim-Richards is the last Derby player to score at home, while for Swansea, Jamal Lowe netted a brace at the weekend – his four Championship goals this term have all come on the road.
- Hot stat: Derby have conceded a league-high seven goals after the 75th minute at home, an average of 0.78 per game.
|Head-to-head matches: DERBY – SWANSEA|
|08.02.20||CHA||Swansea||Derby||2 : 3|
|10.08.19||CHA||Derby||Swansea||0 : 0|
|01.05.19||CHA||Swansea||Derby||1 : 1|
|01.12.18||CHA||Derby||Swansea||2 : 1|
|12.03.11||CHA||Derby||Swansea||2 : 1|
Match Preview: Fiorentina - Napoli Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Match Preview: Burnley 0-4 Leeds Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Shaanxi Changan 2-0 Zibo Cuju Prediction and Betting Tips | Jia League
Match Preview: Ajax 3-1 Venlo Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie