Match Preview: Burnley 2-1 Wolves Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Burnley – Wolves Betting Tips for today, December 21, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 14
Kick-off: 18:30 Burnley – Wolves
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Burnley’s 0-0 draw in midweek gave the Premier League (PL) strugglers a third unbeaten match (W1, D2), but that result would have shocked no-one considering Burnley’s league-low tally of six PL goals. Unsurprisingly then, five of their last six matches have featured under 2.5 goals, as have six consecutive H2Hs.
- Turf Moor hasn’t always been a happy place for the ‘Clarets’ this term (W1, D1, L3), but they are improving with four points across their last two games here, scoring once on each occasion. However, they are yet to score a PL home goal after the tenth minute, conceding five times thereafter.
- That might encourage Wolverhampton Wanderers, who struck in injury-time to claim a 2-1 win over Chelsea (Dec 15) snapping a two-match losing streak in the process. That was their third game in four to produce over 2.5 goals, and their third straight fixture to see the game’s final goal scored after the 75th minute.
- Yet to draw away this term (W3, L3), Wolves don’t take a great recent record to Burnley, having won only one of the last six league H2Hs here (D2, L3), and failing to score before HT in the last four. However, ahead of this round, no side had scored a higher proportion (80%) of their away league goals before HT than Wolves.
- Key battle: Burnley goalkeeper Nick Pope has kept 31 clean sheets since making his PL debut in September 2017, including four in his last five club appearances. He’ll need to stop Pedro Neto, who’s scored in three of Wolves’ last five outings. Eight of his nine career goals for the club arrived after the 50th minute, including a late winner (94:39) vs Chelsea – the latest PL match-winner since at least 2006/07.
- Hot stat: The team that scored first in Wolves’ last seven PL away games subsequently won – a run that began after last season’s 1-1 draw here.
|Head-to-head matches: BURNLEY – WOLVES|
|15.07.20||PL||Burnley||Wolves||1 : 1|
|25.08.19||PL||Wolves||Burnley||1 : 1|
|30.03.19||PL||Burnley||Wolves||2 : 0|
|16.09.18||PL||Wolves||Burnley||1 : 0|
|19.03.16||CHA||Burnley||Wolves||1 : 1|