Match Preview: Sittard 2-1 Waalwijk Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Sittard – Waalwijk Prediction and Tips for today, December 22, 2020
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 14
Kick-off: 16:30 Sittard – Waalwijk
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- The midweek Eredivisie action kicks off with the 26th Eredivisie clash between Fortuna Sittard and Waalwijk, with the record so far perfectly split (W8, D9, L8). Sittard come into this as the form side (W2, D1) and are subsequently favourites for the first time this season – they’re unbeaten in their last six Eredivisie games entered as such (W3, D3).
- The Fortuna Sittard Stadion is the only Eredivisie ground in which every game played here has produced over 3.5 goals (4.5 on average), although that hasn’t really worked in Sittard’s favour (W1, D2, L3). Moreover, both teams have scored in all six games here, whilst the first-half alone has featured over 1.5 goals in all six too (2.67 on average).
- Waalwijk have recorded back-to-back Eredivisie defeats by a 2+ goal margin, which has been the case now in six of their seven league defeats this term. Despite those losses, Waalwijk are much improved from last season and boast a 41.67% unbeaten rate as league outsiders this season (W2, D3, L7).
- The first goal will be crucial here, as Waalwijk have only won away this term when scoring first (W2), and therefore conceded the opener in all four away losses, conceding 2+ goals in each defeat. Don’t expect any late drama from the visitors though as they are yet to score an away league goal beyond the hour mark.
- Players to watch: Sittard’s Sebastien Polter is excelling in his first Eredivisie campaign and scored last time out to seal three consecutive scoring appearances – his first such run since 2018. On the other hand, Waalwijk’s Cyril Ngonge contributed to a goal in both of his side’s away league victories this season (one goal, one assist).
- Hot stat: Somewhat grimly for Waalwijk, manager Fred Grim has won just two of his six prior H2Hs with Sittard (W2, D1, L3). The last four meetings produced over 2.5 goals.
|Head-to-head matches: SITTARD – WAALWIJK|
|14.12.19||ERE||Sittard||Waalwijk||3 : 2|
|09.04.18||EER||Waalwijk||Sittard||1 : 1|
|08.12.17||EER||Sittard||Waalwijk||6 : 0|
|28.04.17||EER||Waalwijk||Sittard||3 : 0|
|30.10.16||EER||Sittard||Waalwijk||0 : 1|