Match Preview: Leeds 1-0 Burnley Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Leeds – Burnley Prediction and Tips for today, December 27, 2020
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 15
Kick-off: 13:00 Leeds – Burnley
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds United have come under fire in some quarters for being too ‘gung-ho’. Their latest defeat (6-2) was the first time a Bielsa-led outfit conceded six goals since his Newell’s Old Boys side of 1992, yet that style of play is great for the neutral, who have seen Leeds’ Premier League (PL) matches average 3.86 total goals per fixture this season.
- Inconsistent at home (W2, D2, L3), much of that has to do with four of Leeds’ seven PL games here witnessing a different FT result than that of HT. They’ve also conceded in both halves in a joint-league high 57.14% of their home league games, though they did avoid defeat in two of four matches when conceding first (W1, D1, L2).
- Visiting Burnley have lifted themselves out of the bottom three with a four-game unbeaten run (W2, D2) despite beginning as outsiders in each, as they are once again here. Don’t let the price put you off the ‘Clarets’ though, as they’ve avoided defeat in 50% of PL games when entered as outsiders this season (W2, D4, L6).
- Although Burnley have scored just once across their last 479 minutes of play on the road, they’ve proven hard to beat (W1, D3, L1). Interestingly, Burnley have been involved in three of the eight overall PL 0-0 draws this season, each across their last five road trips.
- Players to watch: Patrick Bamford is enjoying a fine season for Leeds with nine PL goals after recording an average of 3.7 shots per game. As for Burnley, Ashley Barnes ended a 970-minute wait for a goal last time out with his opener vs Wolves – he’s also contributed to three goals in six league starts vs Leeds (one goal, two assists).
- Hot stat: Burnley boss Sean Dyche has lost just one of his nine career H2Hs with Leeds (W5, D3, L1 in 90 minutes).
|Head-to-head matches: LEEDS – BURNLEY|
|19.09.17||EFL||Burnley||Leeds||2 : 3
(2 : 2)
|09.04.16||CHA||Burnley||Leeds||1 : 0|
|08.08.15||CHA||Leeds||Burnley||1 : 1|
|15.03.14||CHA||Burnley||Leeds||2 : 1|
|21.09.13||CHA||Leeds||Burnley||1 : 2|