Match Preview: Sevilla 2-0 Villarreal Prediction and Betting Tips | LaLiga
Sevilla – Villarreal Prediction and Tips for today, December 29, 2020
Football: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 16
Kick-off: 17:00 Sevilla – Villarreal
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Sevilla’s 1-0 away win in their previous La Liga (LL) outing made it just one loss from their last seven league matches (W5, D1, L1). Like that result, low-scoring games have been common for Sevilla this campaign, and subsequently their LL games have averaged a lowly 1.92 match goals per fixture. However when there is action it tends to arrive late on, with 48% of the match goals across Sevilla’s league games coming after the 75th minute!
- The hosts enter this clash hoping to avoid a third consecutive winless top-flight home game (D1, L1), and therefore their worst such streak since March 2018. However, the ‘Sevillistas’ have to cope with a current four-game winless LL streak vs Villarreal at home (D3, L1) in which they failed to score before the hour mark on each occasion.
- Villarreal sit in the top four after a 1-1 draw last time out extended their unbeaten LL run to 12 games (W5, D7) – their longest such streak since March 2016. That result also continued a recent trend too, as each of their last ten top-flight fixtures – goalless draws excluded – have now witnessed the opening goal scored in the first 25 minutes.
- Although unbeaten in six league road trips (W2, D4), Villarreal are outsiders here, a tag they have failed to capitalise on in their three such LL away games this term (D2, L1). Entertaining first halves appear to be a theme for Villarreal on the road, as their LL away fixtures have averaged a league-high 1.71 first-half match goals.
- Players to watch: Sevilla have won the last four LL home games in which Youssef En-Nesyri has scored. Meanwhile, eight-goal Gerard Moreno has netted the game’s opener by the tenth minute in two of Villarreal’s last three LL road trips.
- Hot streak: Sevilla have failed to lead at HT across the last eight LL H2Hs held here (HT: D5, L3).
|Head-to-head matches: SEVILLA – VILLARREAL|
|22.06.20||LL||Villarreal||Sevilla||2 : 2|
|15.12.19||LL||Sevilla||Villarreal||1 : 2|
|17.02.19||LL||Villarreal||Sevilla||3 : 0|
|26.08.18||LL||Sevilla||Villarreal||0 : 0|
|14.04.18||LL||Sevilla||Villarreal||2 : 2|