Match Preview: Sheffield Wed – Derby Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Sheffield Wed – Derby Prediction and Tips for today, January 1, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 23
Kick-off: 18:30 Sheffield Wed – Derby
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: Pending
Match Preview and Predictions
- Motivated by a relegation zone exit route in sight, and unbeaten in three straight games (W2, D1), Sheffield Wednesday can leapfrog Derby County with a win here. However, history isn’t on their side as Wednesday have won just two of the previous 20 league H2Hs, despite both teams scoring in the last four (D2, L2).
- They will look to their recent home form to buck that H2H hoodoo, as Wednesday have won their last two home matches by a one-goal margin, and scored first for four straight home fixtures. However goals have been a luxury here with a league-low average of 1.45 match goals per game at Hillsborough. Moreover, the ‘Owls’ have led at HT in just one home league game so far (HT: W1, D8, L2).
- Derby are finally out of the relegation zone after losing just one of their last eight Championship games (W3, D4, L1), whilst conceding just once across their last six. Furthermore, the ‘Rams’ netted in both halves last time out as they ran out 4-0 winners, but haven’t won a New Year’s Day fixture in three years, the last two of which ended 1-1.
- The visitors have put together an impressive three-game run of clean sheets on the road (W2, D1) and have scored 64.29% of their league goals this season away from home. They also remain the only Championship team yet to concede within the first 30 minutes on their travels (GF: 5).
- Players to watch: Wednesday’s Josh Windass has three league goals this term with each being the game’s opening strike – Windass also scored first in his last H2H. Derby’s Colin Kazim-Richards also has three league goals, and scored a first-half strike last time out.
- Hot stat: In league action, Derby haven’t lost when scoring first (W4, D5) and by extension, also haven’t lost when ahead at HT (W2, D4).
|Head-to-head matches: SHEFFIELD WED – DERBY|
|29.02.20||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Derby||1 : 3|
|11.12.19||CHA||Derby||Sheffield Wed||1 : 1|
|09.03.19||CHA||Derby||Sheffield Wed||1 : 1|
|24.11.18||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Derby||1 : 2|
|13.02.18||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Derby||2 : 0|
Match Preview: Middlesbrough - Birmingham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Sporting 1-1 Rio Ave Prediction and Betting Tips | Primeira Liga
Match Preview: Sassuolo 0-2 Spal Prediction and Betting Tips | Coppa Italia
Match Preview: Fiorentina 1-1 Inter Prediction and Betting Tips | Coppa Italia