Inter – Crotone Prediction and Tips for today, January 3, 2021
Match Preview and Predictions
- A 2-1 win at Verona made it seven Serie A (SA) wins in a row for Internazionale, who went temporarily top of the league. That is significantly down to their attack, as Inter have scored their joint-most goals (108) in a single calendar year among all competitions since 1929/30, including a league-high 2.43 SA goals per match this season.
- Inter have won four consecutive home league matches, opening the scoring in the last three. They’re more of a second-half team though, winning a league-high three home matches that have stood level at HT, whilst leading at the break just once here (HT: W1, D4, L2). Additionally, the hosts have scored 13 of their 17 SA goals here in the second half.
- Both of Crotone’s SA wins this season have arrived in the previous four rounds (D1, L1), with the Calabrian side finally shifting from rock bottom (W2, D3, L9) after their last win over Parma (2-1). They opened the scoring in both aforementioned wins, but have lost a league-high nine matches when trailing at HT.
- Five of those HT/FT losses came on the road (also a league-high), where all seven of Crotone’s away SA matches have seen the same HT/FT result (D2, L5). Worryingly, Crotone have failed to score in three of the last four away league outings (D2, L1), whilst conceding 3+ goals on four occasions on the road this season.
- Players to watch: Lautaro Martinez (INT) has scored four of his six SA goals after the break this season, including the opener last time out. Conversely, Junior Messias (CRO) netted a first-half brace in the previous round, with four of his five SA strikes arriving before the HT whistle.
- Hot stat: Inter have scored 34 goals in the opening 14 SA rounds for the first time since the 1960/61 season.
|Head-to-head matches: INTER – CROTONE|
|03.02.18||SA||Inter||Crotone||1 : 1|
|16.09.17||SA||Crotone||Inter||0 : 2|
|09.04.17||SA||Crotone||Inter||2 : 1|
|06.11.16||SA||Inter||Crotone||3 : 0|