Match Preview: Cagliari 1-2 Benevento Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Cagliari – Benevento Prediction and Tips for today, January 6, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 16
Kick-off: 12:30 Cagliari – Benevento
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Cagliari lost 4-1 to Napoli in their first Serie A (SA) match of 2021, extending their winless run (D4, L4). Three goals beyond the hour mark denied Cagliari a point on that occasion, and – albeit in other games – they have notably dropped points in four of five SA fixtures where they’ve scored first (W1, D2, L2).
- Two of those four goals conceded vs Napoli came beyond the 70th minute, staying true to Cagliari’s overall campaign theme, with 11 of 31 SA ‘goals against’ arriving during that period. On that note, however, both of the previous two SA H2Hs have been won 2-1 by Cagliari, with four of the six aggregate goals arriving beyond the 70th minute.
- High-scoring games are also a theme, as six of Cagliari’s 15 SA games have produced over 4.5 total goals with two coming at home. Yet, Cagliari are winless in their last four SA home matches (D2, L2) although all four have returned goals at both ends.
- Visitors Benevento lost 2-0 to AC Milan in their first SA match of 2021 making it their third successive win/loss result with the same scoreline. Regardless of the loss, two-thirds of Benevento’s 18 SA points have come in their last eight SA games (W3, D3, L2).
- In a sharp contrast to their hosts, each of those eight produced under 2.5 total match goals with only two witnessing goals at both ends. The same theme continues on the road, where Benevento’s last four SA away games (W2, D1, L1) have produced under 2.5 total match goals.
- Players to watch: João Pedro has scored Cagliari’s last three SA goals, all coming in the second-half of play. Meanwhile, Gianluca Caprari scored a goal and assisted one on Benevento’s latest SA away trip.
- Hot stat: Expect late action, as six of Benevento’s 20 SA away goals scored/conceded arrived beyond the 70th minute.
|Head-to-head matches: CAGLIARI – BENEVENTO|
|18.03.18||SA||Benevento||Cagliari||1 : 2|
|25.10.17||SA||Cagliari||Benevento||2 : 1|
Match Preview: Wuhan FC - Guangzhou FC Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Meizhou Hakka 1-0 Shenzhen Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Dalian Pro 2-2 Changchun Yatai Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Kunshan 3-1 Nanjing City Prediction and Betting Tips | JIA LEAGUE