Match Preview: Benevento 1-4 Atalanta Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Benevento – Atalanta Prediction and Tips for today, January 9, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 17
Kick-off: 15:00 Benevento – Atalanta
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:4 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Benevento have picked up 21 points in the opening 16 rounds of this Serie A (SA) season (W6, D3, L7), already racking up as many as they took in the whole 2017/18 campaign. Furthermore, they currently possess a win/draw rate of 53.85% as SA matchday outsiders this term, further underlining their progress.
- Goals may not come readily though, as five of Benevento’s eight home league outings have produced under 2.5 total match goals. Benevento will also need to be wary of their opponents later on, especially if Atalanta are sufficiently energised to break their curse of going without a goal inside the 76th-90th+ minute period of their away league matches this season.
- Atalanta themselves have won four (D2) of their last six league outings, with all four victories yielding a margin of 3+ goals. Encouragingly for them, ‘La Dea’ opened the scoring – and led at HT ‘to-nil‘ – in four matches during the run (W3, D1), including the last three.
- The visitors have led four times at HT on the road in SA (W3, D1), netting ten (71.43%) of their 14 away league goals before the break. As an indirect result, six of Atalanta’s last seven SA away wins have seen them lead by precisely a one-goal margin at the half-hour mark.
- Players to watch: Marco Sau (BEN) has scored both of his prior SA goals this term inside the last five minutes of both halves (including stoppage time). Meanwhile, Luis Muriel (ATA) has scored in four consecutive SA appearances for the first time in his career, netting the opener last time out.
- Hot stat: Benevento’s W/D rate as SA outsiders is up 8.91% on the average attained by all newly-promoted sides combined in the 2019/20 season.
|Head-to-head matches: BENEVENTO – ATALANTA|
|18.04.18||SA||Benevento||Atalanta||0 : 3|
|27.11.17||SA||Atalanta||Benevento||1 : 0|