Sparta Rotterdam – Feyenoord Prediction and Tips for today, January 10, 2021
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 15
Kick-off: 12:15 Sparta Rotterdam – Feyenoord
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Het Kasteel hosts the 109th Eredivisie H2H between cross-city rivals Sparta Rotterdam and Feyenoord. Sparta trail the all-time series (W18, D25, L65) but the hosts ended 2020 with a victory that put them into the top half, in what was just their second win as outsiders across the last 20 such league games (W2, D5, L13).
- Often starting slowly here, 13 of Sparta’s 16 scored home league goals (81.25%) have therefore arrived after HT, including at least one in six straight Eredivisie home games. Consequently, Sparta often leave themselves with work to do by the break (HT: W2, D2, L3) and worryingly, have picked up just one of 12 available points when conceding first here (D1, L3).
- Visiting Feyenoord ended 2020 with a win, as they bounced back following a defeat in the game prior – outgoing manager Dick Advocaat’s only Eredivisie defeat at Feyenoord across his 28 league games in charge (W19, D8, L1). Advocaat also happens to be the only man to have managed in both dugouts in this Rotterdam derby, although won neither game (D1, L1).
- Although five points off the title pace, Feyenoord have established themselves as ‘comeback kings’ this season, picking up a league-high 15 of a possible 24 points when conceding first (W4, D3, L1). In fact they’ve conceded first in five of their seven Eredivisie away games (W3, D1, L1) but have still trailed at HT just once away (HT: W2, D4, L1).
- Players to watch: Lennart Thy has scored eight of Sparta’s 24 league goals this season, and also bagged three goals across his last two career H2Hs vs Feyenoord. Meanwhile, Eredivisie journeyman Bryan Linssen became the first player to score a hat-trick for three different Dutch outfits this century with his Feyenoord treble to round off 2020.
- Hot stat: Sparta manager Henk Fraser is unbeaten in half of his H2Hs with Feyenoord (W4, D2, L6) – and all three with Advocaat (W2, D1).
|Head-to-head matches: SPARTA ROTTERDAM – FEYENOORD|
|18.10.20||ERE||Feyenoord||Sparta Rotterdam||1 : 1|
|09.08.20||CF||Feyenoord||Sparta Rotterdam||3 : 0|
|04.08.19||ERE||Feyenoord||Sparta Rotterdam||2 : 2|
|29.04.18||ERE||Feyenoord||Sparta Rotterdam||3 : 1|
|17.12.17||ERE||Sparta Rotterdam||Feyenoord||0 : 7|
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Sassuolo - Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Ararat-Armenia - Lernayin Artsakh Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Cong An - Khanh Hoa Prediction and Betting Tips | V.LEAGUE 1
Match Preview: Changchun Yatai - Shanghai Port Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE