Match Preview: Waalwijk 1-1 Willem II Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Waalwijk – Willem II Prediction and Tips for today, January 17, 2021
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 17
Kick-off: 12:15 Waalwijk – Willem II
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Sunday’s Eredivisie action opens with a clash between the two worst form sides, each recording just one of the last 15 available points.
- Waalwijk typically struggle to start well in home league games, scoring just one goal before HT here so far (HT: D4, L4). The joint-lowest Eredivisie scorers bagged five of their eight-goal haul between 76’-FT, including one in three of the last four games here. Waalwijk have also conceded first in six of their eight home league games so far.
- Compounding matters for Waalwijk, aptly-named manager Fred Grim lost each of his three prior personal H2Hs with Willem II with all games producing over 2.5 goals. Expect some card action too, as four red cards have been shown across the last six competitive H2Hs, three of which went the way of Waalwijk.
- Adrie Koster’s Willem have managed to lose from leading positions in three of their last four games, leaving them firmly in a relegation battle. However, Koster is unbeaten in seven of his nine career meetings with Waalwijk (W6, D1, L2), giving historically-minded Willem supporters some hope.
- No side has picked up fewer than winless Willem’s two away points so far (D2, L6) and only two teams have picked up more than their 14 overall away cards (12 yellow, two red) – getting more than the opposition in their last four trips. However, such games are often entertaining for the neutral – with half seeing over 1.5 first-half goals (HT: W1, D4, L3).
- Players to watch: Finn Stokkers has scored over a third (35.71%) of Waalwijk’s goals, four of which came in the last seven rounds. Another large contributor is Willem’s Mike Trésor Ndayishimiye, with his two goals and six assists accounting for 42.11% of Willem’s total).
- Hot stat: The scorer of the opening goal has gone on to win in eight of Adrie Koster’s nine prior H2Hs vs Waalwijk.
|Head-to-head matches: WAALWIJK – WILLEM II|
|26.10.19||ERE||Willem II||Waalwijk||2 : 1|
|19.12.17||KNV||Willem II||Waalwijk||3 : 0|
|23.12.12||ERE||Waalwijk||Willem II||0 : 0|
|06.10.12||ERE||Willem II||Waalwijk||1 : 0|
|29.01.10||ERE||Willem II||Waalwijk||2 : 1|
Match Preview: Bordeaux - Metz Prediction and Betting Tips | Ligue 1
Match Preview: Werder Bremen 2-1 Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Match Preview: Willem II - Den Haag Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Leeds 3-0 Southampton Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League