Match Preview: Stuttgart 2-0 Mainz Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Stuttgart – Mainz Prediction and Tips for today, January 29, 2021
Football: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 19
Kick-off: 20:30 Stuttgart – Mainz
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Despite opening the scoring last match, VfB Stuttgart are on a two-game losing streak – after a lost first half – as part of just one win in seven Bundesliga games (D2, L4). They did win the reverse fixture emphatically (4-1), even after conceding first, but that’s been their sole success from such a scenario this league season (W1, D5, L4).
- One of just two Bundesliga teams yet to win at home this season (D5, L3), Stuttgart have been hampered by their slow starts which have seen them concede three of four opposition first-half openers by the tenth minute (HT: W1, D2, L5). Unsurprisingly then, only one of their home league games has seen a goalless first half this season and with 46.15% of the match goals at home coming after the 60th minute, late drama is a possibility too.
- An impressive 3-2 over RB Leipzig last round finally snapped a run of nine league games without success for Mainz (D3, L6), and marked their first win this season after conceding first (L10). Although they have collected points in four of six matches when scoring first (W1, D3, L2), winning the first half has not always turned out positive for them (W1, D2, L2).
- The guests are the Bundesliga’s second-worst away team (W1, D2, L5) and although winless in four on the road (D2, L2), they have scored the opener in their last two and in three of their last four away league games featuring goals (W1, D1, L1). Encouragingly, Mainz have lost just one first half in their last five away league games (HT: W2, D2, L1) and haven’t been down at HT in Stuttgart in any of the nine H2H games since 2007.
- Players to watch: Sila Wamangituka has scored in three straight games and has ten Bundesliga goals for Stuttgart this season, including the equaliser in the reverse fixture. Meanwhile, Leandro Barreiro scored the winner for Mainz in their last match, and is only the third player from Luxembourg to score in the Bundesliga.
- Hot stat: Four of the last seven H2Hs (any venue) have seen the side to score first go on to lose.
|Head-to-head matches: STUTTGART – MAINZ|
|26.09.20||BUN||Mainz||Stuttgart||1 : 4|
|19.01.19||BUN||Stuttgart||Mainz||2 : 3|
|26.08.18||BUN||Mainz||Stuttgart||1 : 0|
|20.01.18||BUN||Mainz||Stuttgart||3 : 2|
|19.12.17||POK||Mainz||Stuttgart||3 : 1|
Match Preview: Ajax - Groningen Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Burnley 1-1 Arsenal Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: FC Emmen 1-1 Sparta Rotterdam Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Fulham 0-1 Tottenham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League