Match Preview: Sheffield Utd 2-1 West Brom Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Sheffield Utd – West Brom Prediction and Tips for today, February 2, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 22
Kick-off: 19:00 Sheffield Utd – West Brom
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- A 1-0 defeat to Manchester City means Sheffield United have now lost 20 of their last 24 Premier League (PL) matches (W2, D2), which is seven more than any other club during that period. However, six of the Blades’ eight PL points this season have come in their last four games (W2, L2) highlighting real improvement. Better defending is one of the reasons, with Sheffield conceding an average of 1.25 goals per game over that sequence (and grabbing their first PL clean sheet), compared to 1.71 prior.
- Sheffield need to improve here though, as they’ve conceded 15 PL home goals already – as many as during the entirety of last campaign. Plugging early goals could be the ticket, as Sheffield have conceded six of those 15 strikes against before the 30th minute.
- Nonetheless, it’ll be surprising if West Bromwich Albion can take advantage considering only three of their ten PL away goals were scored before HT. Unsurprisingly then, the ‘Baggies’ have conceded the match opener in eight of their ten PL away games, going on to lose five (D3). However, five points from their last four PL road trips (W1, D2, L1), including draws at Liverpool and Manchester City, is a sign of resurgence.
- West Brom need to bounce off that energy, as their last seven league games have witnessed indifferent form (W1, D2, L4), and they’re winless on Tuesday top-flight matchdays since May 1985 (D14, L19). Goals remain a constant feature though, with their PL fixtures averaging 3.19 per game.
- Players to watch: Sheffield’s David McGoldrick has lost four of the five PL games he scored in. Meanwhile, Matheus Pereira has netted four of West Brom’s last six PL goals.
- Hot stat: Sheffield have lost eight PL matches by a 1-0 scoreline this season, the joint-most ever by a side after 21 matches of a top-flight campaign.
|Head-to-head matches: SHEFFIELD UTD – WEST BROM|
|28.11.20||PL||West Brom||Sheffield Utd||1 : 0|
|23.02.19||CHA||West Brom||Sheffield Utd||0 : 1|
|14.12.18||CHA||Sheffield Utd||West Brom||1 : 2|
|30.01.10||CHA||West Brom||Sheffield Utd||3 : 1|
|29.08.09||CHA||Sheffield Utd||West Brom||2 : 2|