Match Preview: Burnley 0-2 Manchester City Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Burnley – Manchester City Prediction and Tips for today, February 3, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 22
Kick-off: 19:00 Burnley – Manchester City
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Burnley’s 2-0 defeat to Chelsea (Jan 31) was their eighth straight Premier League (PL) game without a draw (W4, L4) while five of their last seven league matches ended in a 1-0 scoreline (W2, L3). Interestingly, their last three league fixtures that featured over 1.5 goals each saw scoring in both halves.
- However, seven (70%) of the last ten goals their league home games produced arrived after HT including all three they scored when beating Aston Villa (Jan 27). Only losing one of their last six home PL games (W4, D1) has helped the ‘Clarets’ push clear of the relegation zone although they’ve a dreadful record against their visitors here (W1, D1, L6 – all competitions this millennium).
- Table-topping Manchester City’s perfect January saw them become the first side playing in England’s top four tiers to win nine competitive games in one month. Rather ominously for the hosts, City are now on a run of eight consecutive league victories, and have earnt a league-high average of 7.55 corners per league game (ahead of the round) this season. What’s more, four of the last five PL H2Hs (W5) have seen them score 4+ goals.
- Additionally, the ‘Citizens’ have now scored more PL away goals (15) than Burnley have managed anywhere this league campaign (13) with a PL-high (ahead of this matchday) 80% of those coming before HT. They’ve netted an average of 2.2 goals per game in their last five competitive visits here (W4, D1) – four games therein saw them register exactly one first-half goal.
- Players to watch: Ex-City defender Ben Mee netted Burnley’s opener in each of their last two goalscoring home league games. Meanwhile, Riyad Mahrez bagged a hat-trick against Burnley earlier this season and both netted and assisted in City’s last league away game.
- Hot stat: City boss Pep Guardiola has a near-perfect record against Burnley and Sean Dyche (W11, D1) – in fact, he’s beaten no other manager more often.
|Head-to-head matches: BURNLEY – MANCHESTER CITY|
|28.11.20||PL||Manchester City||Burnley||5 : 0|
|30.09.20||EFL||Burnley||Manchester City||0 : 3|
|22.06.20||PL||Manchester City||Burnley||5 : 0|
|03.12.19||PL||Burnley||Manchester City||1 : 4|
|28.04.19||PL||Burnley||Manchester City||0 : 1|
Match Preview: Hannover - Hansa Rostock Prediction and Betting Tips | 2. Bundesliga
Match Preview: Qatar 0-1 USA Prediction and Betting Tips | Gold Cup
Match Preview: Bodo/Glimt 3-0 Valur Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa Conference League - Qualifi...
Match Preview: Sheriff Tiraspol 3-1 Alashkert Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League - Quali...