Match Preview: Benevento 1-1 Sampdoria Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Benevento – Sampdoria Prediction and Tips for today, February 7, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 21
Kick-off: 12:30 Benevento – Sampdoria
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Sitting outside the top ten and having already bettered their points tally from their debut Serie A (SA) campaign (22 vs 21), Benevento will now look to overturn a four-game winless run (D1, L3) that saw them concede four goals in each loss. A chance to beat Sampdoria for a third time in a row is the incentive, as Benevento have never achieved such a feat against a top-flight side.
- Stopping early goals could be crucial, as 40% of Benevento’s SA ‘goals against’ have arrived within the first 30 minutes. Similar to their overall form, Benevento are winless at home in three SA games (D1, L2) and have conceded 2+ goals in every SA loss here (W2, D3, L5).
- On that note, Sampdoria have seen at least one side score exactly twice in their last five SA games (W3, L2) with three ending 2-1. That scoreline is one to remember as nearly half of Sampdoria’s win/loss results this SA campaign (W8, D2, L10) have come via a 2-1 scoreline. By extension, 15 of Sampdoria’s SA games (15/20) have produced over 2.5 total goals.
- Seven of those have come on the road, where Sampdoria have struggled for consistency across their last five SA away outings (W2, L3). In line with their overall trend, three of those five results came via a 2-1 scoreline. Strong starts remain Sampdoria’s ally though, with seven HT clean sheets from their ten SA away games, although 40% of their SA away ‘goals against’ have arrived beyond the 70th minute nullifying that advantage.
- Players to watch: Benevento’s last two SA home goals came via Gianluca Lapadula, who scored and assisted one each. A regular on the scoresheet, Fabio Quagliarella, has scored Sampdoria’s first goal in five of his eight SA scoring games including the reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: Sampdoria’s league run without a draw (W5, L6) is the longest current such run in SA.
|Head-to-head matches: BENEVENTO – SAMPDORIA|
|26.09.20||SA||Sampdoria||Benevento||2 : 3|
|06.01.18||SA||Benevento||Sampdoria||3 : 2|
|20.08.17||SA||Sampdoria||Benevento||2 : 1|
|17.08.13||COP||Sampdoria||Benevento||2 : 0|
|19.08.06||COP||Benevento||Sampdoria||0 : 2|