Match Preview: Rotherham 1-2 Cardiff Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Rotherham – Cardiff Prediction and Tips for today, February 9, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 23
Kick-off: 20:00 Rotherham – Cardiff
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Rotherham have hauled themselves out of the relegation zone with back-to-back Championship victories for the first time this season and have now picked up a joint league-high 13 points in this calendar year (W4, D1, L1). Another victory in this clash would be their first run of three straight wins at this level since a streak ending in March 2016.
- Though Rotherham registered a clean sheet in their last home league game, they are yet to record back-to-back shutouts here this term and have conceded 2+ goals before HT in two of their last four matches here. One positive for the ‘Millers’ is that they are yet to lose consecutive home league H2Hs with Cardiff (W11, D3, L2) – they lost 2-1 in the last meeting.
- Cardiff are unbeaten under new manager Mick McCarthy (W1, D2) – much improved from their six-game competitive losing streak prior to his arrival. In fact, this is the first time McCarthy has registered three straight unbeaten league games to open a managerial reign at a new club (excluding internationals).
- Following a 2-0 victory in their last away game, Cardiff will now look to register back-to-back away league wins ‘to nil’ for the first time in a year. Notably, Cardiff have conceded first in eight away league games this term (61.54%) but avoided defeat in half (W1, D3, L4). Furthermore, no side has avoided defeat when trailing at HT in more away league matches than Cardiff (W1, D3, L3).
- Players to watch: Rotherham’s Lewis Wing assisted on his first start for the club last time out – eight of his last nine league goals have arrived from outside the area. Having scored in three consecutive games, Cardiff’s Kieffer Moore looks to make it four straight for the first time since 2018/19.
- Hot stat: Nine of Cardiff manager McCarthy’s 11 H2Hs with Rotherham saw one or neither side score and under 2.5 goals (W5, D3, L3 – 90 minutes).
|Head-to-head matches: ROTHERHAM – CARDIFF|
|25.07.18||CF||Rotherham||Cardiff||2 : 1|
|18.02.17||CHA||Cardiff||Rotherham||5 : 0|
|24.09.16||CHA||Rotherham||Cardiff||1 : 2|
|23.01.16||CHA||Cardiff||Rotherham||2 : 2|
|19.09.15||CHA||Rotherham||Cardiff||2 : 1|