Match Preview: Waalwijk 1-0 FC Emmen Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Waalwijk – FC Emmen Prediction and Tips for today, February 12, 2021
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 22
Kick-off: 18:45 Waalwijk – FC Emmen
Tip: BTS – Yes
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Waalwijk’s woeful Eredivisie winless run was extended to ten games with their 1-1 draw last time out (D4, L6) – a result not even the notorious Storm Darcy could save them from. Yet despite that, this is a rare encounter in which Waalwijk start as favourites, although they’ve won only two of the seven Eredivisie games entered as such since their promotion (W2, D1, L4).
- The hosts’ failure to keep a clean sheet here in the league is worrying, though they often improve as games progress, scoring six of ten home league goals after the 75th minute! Notably, only Den Haag have averaged fewer home league goals than Waalwijk’s 1.0 on average per match, whilst they’ve conceded first in seven of ten games here (D2, L5).
- Emmen are the only remaining side yet to win an Eredivisie game (D6, L15 – 2.38 conceded per match). In fact, they are one of just five Eredivisie sides since the league’s inception to play 21 games without a win, and the first since RBC Roosendaal in 2005/06 – unsurprisingly all five sides were eventually relegated, whilst three finished rock-bottom.
- Compounding matters for Dick Lukkien’s men is their shocking 23-game winless Eredivisie away run (D6, L17). In turn, Emmen have picked up just six of their last 38 points away from home (15.79%) and haven’t scored in 398 minutes of away play!
- Players to watch: Sylla Sow assisted from the bench for Waalwijk last time out. The impact sub has scored just once since his 96th minute equaliser in the last home H2H with Emmen. With six goals and one assist, Emmen’s Michael de Leeuw has contributed to 41.18% of his side’s Eredivisie goals, including one vs Waalwijk.
- Hot stat: Waalwijk manager Fred Grim’s H2H record with Emmen coincides well with his surname (W1, D3, L3) – his side conceded 2+ goals in four of the last six meetings.
|Head-to-head matches: WAALWIJK – FC EMMEN|
|24.11.19||ERE||Waalwijk||FC Emmen||1 : 1|
|19.01.18||EER||FC Emmen||Waalwijk||2 : 1|
|18.08.17||EER||Waalwijk||FC Emmen||0 : 2|
|12.05.17||ERE||FC Emmen||Waalwijk||0 : 1|
|08.05.17||ERE||Waalwijk||FC Emmen||1 : 5|
Match Preview: Utrecht - Groningen Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Manchester Utd 1-1 Fulham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: Bournemouth 1-0 Brentford Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Match Preview: Fiorentina 0-2 Napoli Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A