Match Preview: Groningen 1-0 Zwolle Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Groningen – Zwolle Prediction and Tips for today, February 13, 2021
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 22
Kick-off: 12:00 Groningen – Zwolle
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Despite the fact Groningen have won just one of their last four Eredivisie games (W1, D1, L2) they remain on a higher points total at this stage than during their last nine top-flight campaigns and are well in the mix for a top-seven finish. However manager Danny Buijs needs to improve his career record of: W1, L4 vs mid-table Zwolle.
- Defensively astute, only two sides have conceded fewer home league goals than Groningen’s eight so far (0.8 on average per match). However, that solidity along with a rather conservative strike rate (1.3 scored on average) has contributed to the Euroborg’s status as the joint-least entertaining Eredivisie ground based on total goals scored on average (2.1).
- Plagued by inconsistency, Zwolle may be left out in the cold for a mid-table finish after winning just one of their last seven Eredivisie games (W1, D4, L2) as they now look to end a run of three straight draws. Notably though, Zwolle have avoided defeat in their last four games despite conceding first in all (W1, D3).
- Zwolle’s away league matches often provide excitement for the neutral as half have produced over 1.5 first-half goals, whilst 60% featured over 3.5 by FT. However the bookmakers usually have the measure of Zwolle, who possess a mere 11.11% win-rate across their last 18 away league games entered as outsiders (W2, D4, L12).
- Players to watch: Jørgen Strand Larsen has scored in every other game for Groningen across his last eight appearances (five goals) – he failed to score in his last outing. Meanwhile, Mustafa Saymak scored his 31st Eredivisie goal for Zwolle last time out – he will join Rini van Roon as the club’s joint-second highest top-flight scorer with one more strike.
- Hot stat: Zwolle manager John Stegeman won his last H2H with Groningen, but has never won back-to-back games vs them during his career (W4, D3, L4).
|Head-to-head matches: GRONINGEN – ZWOLLE|
|14.08.20||CF||Groningen||Zwolle||0 : 2|
|01.02.20||ERE||Zwolle||Groningen||1 : 0|
|21.09.19||ERE||Groningen||Zwolle||2 : 0|
|29.04.19||ERE||Zwolle||Groningen||3 : 2|
|02.09.18||ERE||Groningen||Zwolle||0 : 1|
Match Preview: Barnsley - Bournemouth Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Match Preview: Ecuador 1-1 Brazil Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup - Qualification
Match Preview: Ivory Coast 0-0 Egypt Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations
Match Preview: Senegal 2-0 Cape Verde Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations