Match Preview: AZ Alkmaar 3-1 Heerenveen Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
AZ Alkmaar – Heerenveen Prediction and Tips for today, February 14, 2021
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 22
Kick-off: 12:15 AZ Alkmaar – Heerenveen
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- AZ Alkmaar take on Heerenveen after bouncing back from consecutive defeats last time out and could provisionally move into the top three with victory here. Though favoured by the odds, AZ possess just a 52.94% win rate when entered as favourites in the Eredivisie this season (W9, D6, L2).
- The AFAS Stadion often provides entertainment for the neutral, with five of AZ’s last six home league games producing over 2.5 goals, whilst four also saw both teams score. Interestingly, AZ have conceded the opening goal in five of their ten home league games but picked up a league-high seven league points when doing so (W2, D1, L2).
- Top-seven chasing Heerenveen currently protect a three-game Eredivisie run of clean sheets (W2, D1), although that is unlikely to continue given that manager Johnny Jansen saw his side concede 2+ goals in all three H2Hs with AZ so far (W1, L2). Encouragingly, Heerenveen boast a 63.64% unbeaten rate as outsiders this Eredivisie season (W3, D4, L4).
- The visitors have, however, conceded the opening goal in six of ten away league games so far but avoided defeat in three when doing so (D3, L3) – though only twice have they trailed at the break (HT: W3, D6, L2). Coincidentally, Heerenveen also conceded the opening goal and eventually avoided defeat in two of their last four Eredivisie away games in Alkmaar.
- Players to watch: No player has played more minutes since the 2018/19 Eredivisie campaign than AZ’s top-scorer with 11 goals, Teun Koopmeiners (6987). Another player making an impact is Heerenveen’s hulking 201 cm tall top-scorer Henk Veerman who scored his first ever headed Eredivisie goal last time out in his fifth season in the Dutch top-tier!
- Hot stat: Both teams have scored in ten of Pascal Jansen’s first 14 games in charge of AZ.
|Head-to-head matches: AZ ALKMAAR – HEERENVEEN|
|08.11.20||ERE||Heerenveen||AZ Alkmaar||0 : 3|
|25.01.20||ERE||Heerenveen||AZ Alkmaar||1 : 2|
|19.10.19||ERE||AZ Alkmaar||Heerenveen||2 : 4|
|27.01.19||ERE||Heerenveen||AZ Alkmaar||0 : 2|
|28.10.18||ERE||AZ Alkmaar||Heerenveen||2 : 3|
Match Preview: Ajax - Groningen Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Burnley 1-1 Arsenal Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Match Preview: FC Emmen 1-1 Sparta Rotterdam Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: Fulham 0-1 Tottenham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League