Match Preview: West Ham 3-0 Sheffield Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
West Ham – Sheffield Utd Prediction and Tips for today, February 15, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 24
Kick-off: 19:00 West Ham – Sheffield Utd
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- It’s been a remarkable turnaround for West Ham United who have picked up as many points (39) so far (W11, D6, L6) as they managed in the whole of their last Premier League (PL) campaign. There’s been plenty of late drama in their recent league fixtures too, with three of their previous four producing at least one goal after the 75th minute – only Newcastle have witnessed more goals scored/conceded during this period than the ‘Hammers’ (GF:11, GA:9).
- Despite good overall form, David Moyes’ men have been inconsistent at home, winning only three of their previous seven PL fixtures here (W3, D2, L2). They did open the scoring in all three of those wins, which is usually key to getting a positive result as from the seven times they’ve opened the scoring in home league matches, they’ve gone onto lose just once (W5, D1, L1).
- Basement boys Sheffield United remain a long way from safety, but there’s been signs of life across their previous six PL outings (W3, L3). Strikingly, a victory over Newcastle last month provided them with their only clean sheet across their previous 25 league matches. When you throw in the fact they’ve got the division’s second-lowest goal average too (0.65 per game), then it’s no shock that they’ve lost ‘to nil’ more than any other team (11).
- Unsurprisingly, Chris Wilder’s side have the PL’s worst away record (W1, D1, L9), and have trailed at HT in three of their previous four PL road trips.
- Players to watch: Tomáš Souček is West Ham’s top PL scorer with eight goals, which includes three strikes across his last four league matches. Meanwhile, Sheffield’s Billy Sharp has four goals across his previous eight competitive appearances – half were penalties.
- Hot stat: West Ham rank inside the top ten for touches in the box, but are the only PL side yet to win a penalty.
|Head-to-head matches: WEST HAM – SHEFFIELD UTD|
|22.11.20||PL||Sheffield Utd||West Ham||0 : 1|
|10.01.20||PL||Sheffield Utd||West Ham||1 : 0|
|26.10.19||PL||West Ham||Sheffield Utd||1 : 1|
|26.08.14||EFL||West Ham||Sheffield Utd||1 : 2 (1 : 1)|
|14.04.07||PL||Sheffield Utd||West Ham||3 : 0|