Match Preview: Leeds 3-0 Southampton Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Leeds – Southampton Prediction and Tips for today, February 23, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 18
Kick-off: 19:00 Leeds – Southampton
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Leeds United’s 1-0 defeat last Friday was their 16th consecutive competitive game without a draw (W7, L9). Though Leeds have taken only one win in four Premier League (PL) matches (W1, L3), they maintain a comfortable mid-table position. A good start is important, as they’ve won each of the last four matches to see them net the opener, only conceding once therein.
- Leeds are unbeaten in competitive H2Hs played on a Tuesday (W3, D1), but can they deliver under pressure? The ‘Whites’ have a 55.56% loss rate when starting as PL pre-match home favourites (W4, L5), though they’ve scored in five of their last six home PL fixtures (W3, L3), with three (30%) out of their ten goals therein netted inside the opening ten minutes.
- Southampton ended their worst ever run of six straight PL defeats by drawing 1-1 with Chelsea (Feb 20), and were finally rewarded for featuring in three consecutive games in which both sides scored. However, there’s room for improvement, as no side – after that draw last round – had dropped more than their 18 PL points from winning positions this term.
- With seven (50%) of Southampton’s PL away goals this term coming via set pieces or penalties, they’ll look to capitalise on dead-ball situations. However, that has also worked against them, as they’ve now conceded five league penalties this term – one fewer than their record whole-season total.
- Players to watch: Leeds have won each of their PL top-scorer Patrick Bamford’s last four goalscoring league appearances, while Takumi Minamino has netted in two of Southampton’s last three league games. All three of his PL goals this term have come before the 35th minute.
- Hot stat: Ahead of the round, only West Bromwich Albion had earned a lower average of corners per PL away game than Southampton’s 3.64.
|Head-to-head matches: LEEDS – SOUTHAMPTON|
|30.10.12||EFL||Leeds||Southampton||3 : 0|
|03.03.12||CHA||Leeds||Southampton||0 : 1|
|06.08.11||CHA||Southampton||Leeds||3 : 1|
|13.03.10||LO||Southampton||Leeds||1 : 0|
|19.12.09||LO||Leeds||Southampton||1 : 0|
Match Preview: Brazil - Colombia Prediction and Betting Tips | Copa América
Match Preview: Slovakia 0-5 Spain Prediction and Betting Tips | Euro 2020
Match Preview: Croatia 3-1 Scotland Prediction and Betting Tips | Euro 2020
Match Preview: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands Prediction and Betting Tips | Euro 2020