Bordeaux – Metz Prediction and Tips for today, February 27, 2021
Match Preview and Predictions
- Midtable Bordeaux enter this 102nd top-flight clash against Metz (W48, D28, L25) hoping to avoid a sixth consecutive winless game in Ligue 1 (L1), and therefore their worst such streak since May 2019. That run could continue if they don’t start well, as Bordeaux are the only L1 side to have not recovered a single point after conceding first this campaign (L10).
- However there may be no better opponent to face than Metz as the hosts are unbeaten in the last 29 L1 home H2Hs (W21, D8), and led at HT in 76.19% of their wins during that period. That could provide them with a psychological boost, but a good start still remains a priority as any team leading at HT in Bordeaux’s L1 home matches this season has gone on to win (W3, L1).
- A return of just two losses from their previous nine L1 outings (W4, D3) has taken Metz agonisingly close to the UEFA Europa Conference League spot. Low-scoring fixtures have defined Metz’ L1 campaign so far, and can be illustrated from the league-low average of 2.15 total goals seen per game involving them this season.
- Looking to claim back-to-back top-flight away victories, the visitors are usually strong from the start when playing away and have kept a first-half clean sheet in 69.23% of their road trips so far. Subsequently, they have trailed just once at HT on the road this campaign (HT: W3, D9, L1).
- Players to watch: Hwang Ui-jo has been Bordeaux’s first scorer in each of his four goalscoring L1 matches, yet the battle to score first could also involve Aaron Leya Iseka (MTZ) as he’s netted the game’s opener in the last three top-flight games he’s got on the scoresheet.
- Hot streak: None of the last six L1 H2Hs held here witnessed a goalless first half.
|Head-to-head matches: BORDEAUX – METZ|
|06.01.21||L1||Metz||Bordeaux||0 : 0|
|08.02.20||L1||Metz||Bordeaux||1 : 2|
|14.09.19||L1||Bordeaux||Metz||2 : 0|
|19.05.18||L1||Metz||Bordeaux||0 : 4|
|12.08.17||L1||Bordeaux||Metz||2 : 0|