Match Preview: Lazio – Torino Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Lazio – Torino Prediction and Tips for today, March 2, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 25
Kick-off: 18:30 Lazio – Torino
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: Postponed
Match Preview and Predictions
- Lazio have slipped out of the top-six after two losses in their previous three Serie A (SA) matches. However, they should recover here, having beaten Torino in three successive H2Hs while netting exactly four goals twice. They will be keen on starting well, as 66.67% (16) of their 24 top-flight matches have witnessed the same HT/FT result.
- Despite the last loss to Bayern here (4-1), Lazio are on a run of seven straight home wins in domestic competitions, leading at HT in five. Notably though, five of those wins came via a narrow one-goal margin. Also encouraging for Lazio is the fact that they have lost just once here in 17 competitive H2Hs since 1994 (W8, D8, L1).
- Just two points above the bottom three, but with a game in hand, Torino travel to Rome without the services of eight senior players, who tested positive to COVID-19, and that means this game might be in doubt. The late stages of their matches remain a concern, as the ‘Granata‘ have conceded 34.15% of their 41 SA ‘goals against’ beyond the 70th minute.
- The visitors have registered all of their three prior SA wins on the road this term, where they’ve gained 65% of their points (W3, D4, L5). Yet, as a consequence of their second-half struggles, Torino are the only SA side to lose 2+ away matches when leading at HT.
- Players to watch: Lazio’s Ciro Immobile has scored his last four SA goals at home, with three arriving beyond the hour mark. Meanwhile, Simone Zaza has scored all of his three SA strikes on the road, netting twice after the break.
- Hot stat: Davide Nicola is only the third Torino manager to avoid defeat in his first five SA matches (W1, D4) in the three-point era.
|Head-to-head matches: LAZIO – TORINO|
|01.11.20||SA||Torino||Lazio||3 : 4|
|30.06.20||SA||Torino||Lazio||1 : 2|
|30.10.19||SA||Lazio||Torino||4 : 0|
|26.05.19||SA||Torino||Lazio||3 : 1|
|29.12.18||SA||Lazio||Torino||1 : 1|