Match Preview: Sassuolo 3-3 Napoli Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Sassuolo – Napoli Prediction and Tips for today, March 3, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 25
Kick-off: 18:30 Sassuolo – Napoli
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:3 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Top-six chasing Sassuolo saw their last Serie A (SA) fixture postponed, so now bring their club record of scoring in 13 consecutive SA games into this difficult looking clash. However, with their last 12 such matches witnessing both teams score, it may come as little surprise to hear that they’ve been plagued by inconsistency, which has resulted in the ‘Neroverdi’ failing to record the same result in consecutive SA fixtures for 20 matches (W7, D7, L6).
- With Sassuolo scoring a league-high ten SA goals beyond the 80th minute – a period which also accounts for 53.33% of their home goal tally – a continuation of that club record may come as a result of their tendency for a late surge. However most importantly, Sassuolo need to end their poor ten-game home form (W2, D4, L4 – in all competitions).
- Two wins in four days has helped Napoli forget about an unpleasant run of four losses in the five outings prior (W1) as well as their early elimination from the UEFA Europa League. They’ll look to kick on here by starting well, and have opened the scoring in both previous wins, whilst only AC Milan have won more SA matches at HT/FT than Napoli (ten).
- However the visitors travel here after losing five straight competitive away matches for the first time since 2009! With the ‘Partenopei‘ registering just one stalemate across their last 28 top-flight matches at all venues (W17, D1, L10), another winner either way certainly looks likely.
- Players to watch: Francesco Caputo has scored three and assisted one of Sassuolo’s last four SA goals, with his last two strikes arriving after HT. Napoli’s threat could come from Piotr Zielinski who’s scored three of his previous four SA goals on the road, with two arriving after HT.
- Hot stat: Ahead of the round, Napoli are one of just five sides to win a SA away match when trailing at HT.
|Head-to-head matches: SASSUOLO – NAPOLI|
|01.11.20||SA||Napoli||Sassuolo||0 : 2|
|25.07.20||SA||Napoli||Sassuolo||2 : 0|
|22.12.19||SA||Sassuolo||Napoli||1 : 2|
|10.03.19||SA||Sassuolo||Napoli||1 : 1|
|13.01.19||COP||Napoli||Sassuolo||2 : 0|