FC Emmen – Sparta Rotterdam Prediction and Tips for today, March 5, 2021
Match Preview and Predictions
- After beating Sparta Rotterdam in the promotion/relegation play-off back in 2017/18, Emmen could be dealt a fatal blow in their survival bid by the very side they consigned to second-tier football! Despite registering back-to-back league wins, Emmen are the first side to pick up 12 or fewer points at this stage since Dordrecht in 2014/15, who subsequently finished bottom.
- Prior to their back-to-back victories, Emmen waited 350 days for a league win (W2, D6, L16). Victory here would be Emmen’s first ever run of three top-flight wins, and given that they have picked up 35 of their last 44 points here (79.55%), the chance is certainly there.
- Though winless in seven (D2, L5), visitors Sparta Rotterdam head into this as sportsbook favourites, and possess a 41.67% win-rate in Eredivisie games entered as such (W5, D3, L4). Often late bloomers, Sparta have scored 24 of their 32 league goals beyond HT this term.
- Sparta have only won away in the Eredivisie when netting first, whilst they’ve recovered just two of a possible 21 points when conceding first on hostile turf (D2, L5). Interestingly, eight of Sparta’s 11 away league games have produced under 2.5 total goals, though six of nine away games won/lost saw a 2+ goal swing.
- Players to watch: January signing Jari Vlak contributed to two of Emmen’s four goals across their only league wins attained so far this season (one goal, one assist). As for Sparta’s potential hero, Danzell Gravenberch has scored the Rotterdam club’s only three goals across their last three league games, raising his tally for the club to four.
- Hot stat: Eleven (47.83%) of Sparta’s 23 points accrued so far this term have been earned after a first half drawn/lost.
|Head-to-head matches: FC EMMEN – SPARTA ROTTERDAM|
|04.12.20||ERE||Sparta Rotterdam||FC Emmen||2 : 1|
|01.03.20||ERE||Sparta Rotterdam||FC Emmen||5 : 1|
|15.12.19||ERE||FC Emmen||Sparta Rotterdam||2 : 0|
|20.05.18||ERE||Sparta Rotterdam||FC Emmen||1 : 3|
|17.05.18||ERE||FC Emmen||Sparta Rotterdam||0 : 0|