Match Preview: Arminia Bielefeld 0-2 Werder Bremen Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Arminia Bielefeld – Werder Bremen Prediction and Tips for today, March 10, 2021
Football: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 20
Kick-off: 18:30 Arminia Bielefeld – Werder Bremen
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Every point matters for Arminia Bielefeld in their battle to avoid the drop, and with 68.42% of their points coming at home, it could be the Schüco Arena that saves them from an immediate return to the second tier. First they must end a six-game winless Bundesliga run (D2, L4), but a goalless draw last time out here under the leadership of new coach Frank Kramer at least ended a dreadful five-game streak of conceding 3+ goals.
- That draw was also the first stalemate here this Bundesliga campaign (W4, D1, L7), and whilst a win would take Bielefeld out of the relegation zone, the hosts may be content with another point considering only one of their four home wins came against a team outside the division’s bottom five.
- Werder Bremen’s season appears to be petering out and their ten-game league form is as mid-table as you can get (W3, D4, L3). Therefore motivation may be hard to come by, but a 1-0 win in the reverse fixture – one of three HT/FT victories that Bremen have secured this Bundesliga campaign – does put them on the verge of their first league double over Bielefeld since 2005/06.
- They’ve been difficult to beat on the road recently, losing just two of their last six away league games (W2, D2, L2) despite scoring over 1.5 goals on just one occasion during that period. Much of that is due to their ability to hold onto points when scoring first away this Bundesliga campaign (W3, D4, L1), albeit they’ve picked up just one when conceding first (D1, L3).
- Players to watch: New loan signing Michel Vlap netted Bielefeld’s last opening goal – against none other than Bayern! Meanwhile, Bremen’s Josh Sargent has scored in consecutive games – all four of his Bundesliga strikes this season arrived after HT.
- Hot stat: The team to score first has won 11 of Bielefeld’s 12 Bundesliga home games.
|Head-to-head matches: ARMINIA BIELEFELD – WERDER BREMEN|
|03.10.20||BUN||Werder Bremen||Arminia Bielefeld||1 : 0|
|23.10.18||CF||Werder Bremen||Arminia Bielefeld||2 : 1|
|27.07.18||CF||Arminia Bielefeld||Werder Bremen||0 : 1|
|04.03.15||POK||Arminia Bielefeld||Werder Bremen||3 : 1|
|01.02.09||BUN||Werder Bremen||Arminia Bielefeld||1 : 2|