Ajax – Young Boys Prediction and Tips for today, March 11, 2021
Match Preview and Predictions
- Ahead of this clash between reigning domestic league champions, Dutch titans Ajax are firm favourites to proceed outright, having gone unbeaten in 19 competitive games (W16, D3). That includes winning both legs of a European knockout tie for the first time since 2015 in the last round of UEFA Europa League (UEL) action.
- Going further back, Ajax boast an impressive unbeaten run in UEL home games from the group stage onwards (W11, D3) since a 3-0 humbling against Salzburg way back in 2013/14. Moreover Ajax are yet to draw a UEL home knockout game (W10, L4) whilst winning their last eight such games consecutively.
- Following their emphatic 6-3 aggregate success vs Leverkusen in the last round, BSC Young Boys have scored in 17 straight UEL games (qualifiers onwards) since a 1-0 loss in 2017/18. Moreover, those six goals in the last round established the Berne behemoths as the highest scoring Swiss club in the UEL proper with 79 goals (1.46 per-match).
- Impressively, Young Boys have scored 2+ goals in eight of their last ten road trips (all comps). Yet, despite their scintillating away form, Young Boys’ victory in Leverkusen improved their away win-rate in the UEL from the group stage onwards to a mere 16.67% (W4, D8, L12).
- Players to watch: Since Dušan Tadić joined Ajax back in 2018, only Kylian Mbappe (13) has recorded more assists in UEFA competitions than the Serbian playmaker (11). Another potentially lethal Serb is Young Boys’ Miralem Sulejmani. The wideman won three league titles with Ajax, and scored in his only two starts against them whilst at Heerenveen.
- Hot stat: Ajax have lost just two of their 14 prior H2Hs with Swiss opposition (W10, D2, L2), including two 1-0 victories over Young Boys.