Angers – St Etienne Prediction and Tips for today, March 13, 2021
Match Preview and Predictions
- Angers still have faint hopes of qualifying for Europe but must pick up more wins, yet in St Étienne they face a side they’ve beaten just once across the previous 19 top-flight H2Hs (W1, D8, L10)! They therefore need inspiration to help topple that H2H history, and a 1-0 win in the last round which ended a five-game winless Ligue 1 (L1) streak could be the catalyst.
- Winless in two home league matches (D1, L1), Angers will be desperate to avoid conceding first as they’ve lost six of seven L1 home games in which they did so (W1). However omens for a clean sheet don’t look good, as the hosts are without one in six straight L1 home matches – another will register their longest such streak for over three years!
- St Étienne will be inspired by previous H2H encounters, and will hope that can help end their winless three-game L1 run (D1, L2) which has edged them closer to the drop zone. Getting back to winning ways will likely need a good start as ‘Les Verts’ have lost all but one of the 11 L1 matches in which they trailed at HT this season (D1).
- A quick start certainly looks possible too, as six of St Étienne’s previous seven L1 away matches saw the opening goal scored within the first 30 minutes. That includes the visitors netting the opener in their last three such games (W2, L1), albeit that didn’t stop them from losing vs Lorient in their previous road trip.
- Players to watch: In-form Thomas Mangani has been involved in three of Angers’ last four L1 home goals (two goals, one assist). However, he could be upstaged by Harold Moukoudi who has netted St Étienne’s first goal in all three of his goalscoring L1 matches.
- Hot stat: The last four L1 H2Hs held here have averaged 1.75 goals per fixture after the hour mark.
|Head-to-head matches: ANGERS – ST ETIENNE|
|11.12.20||L1||St Etienne||Angers||0 : 0|
|15.08.20||CF||Angers||St Etienne||1 : 0|
|22.09.19||L1||Angers||St Etienne||4 : 1|
|24.05.19||L1||Angers||St Etienne||1 : 1|
|04.11.18||L1||St Etienne||Angers||4 : 3|