Venlo – Sittard Prediction and Tips for today, March 14, 2021
Match Preview and Predictions
- It’s been a rough few weeks for VVV-Venlo, who directly followed up a brilliant five-game unbeaten Eredivisie run with six straight league defeats to this point – five of which saw them concede 3+ goals. Though Venlo will remain outside of the drop zone no matter the result here, their position of safety is a tenuous one.
- Venlo possess a shocking defensive record of 2.75 goals conceded on average per home league match, making them one of two sides yet to record a home clean sheet. In any case, we could be in for a topsy-turvy affair as two of Venlo’s three Eredivisie home wins came after conceding first (W2, L6), whilst they failed to win in three of four when striking first (W1, D3).
- Visiting Fortuna Sittard have been struggling for consistency (W2, L3) but are favoured to bounce back and take the spoils here. Encouragingly, Sittard have not lost as betting favourites in the league across their last nine such fixtures (W6, D3).
- Defeat in their latest trip (1-0 vs Groningen) ended a four-game winning streak in away league games for Sittard. Scoring the opener will likely be crucial for Sittard to return to winning ways here – they’ve picked up a joint league-low one point when conceding first away (D1, L4), and dropped just five of 21 available points when striking first (W5, D1, L1).
- Players to watch: Georgios Giakoumakis is expected to return here. That’s good news for Venlo as no player has contributed more to his team’s goal tally than the Eredivisie’s leading scorer (23 goals – 62.16% of total). Meanwhile, Zian Flemming’s last Sittard goal was the opener in the reverse fixture, one of four openers he’s netted this league campaign.
- Hot stat: Venlo manager Hans de Koning is unbeaten in 16 of his 21 personal H2Hs with Sittard (W11, D5, L5) – those matches averaged 2.52 goals per game.
|Head-to-head matches: VENLO – SITTARD|
|30.01.21||ERE||Sittard||Venlo||3 : 2|
|26.08.20||CF||Sittard||Venlo||2 : 1|
|29.02.20||ERE||Venlo||Sittard||0 : 0|
|26.10.19||ERE||Sittard||Venlo||4 : 1|
|13.04.19||ERE||Sittard||Venlo||1 : 1|