Torino – Sassuolo Prediction and Tips for today, March 17, 2021
Match Preview and Predictions
- Torino remain in the Serie A (SA) relegation zone after back-to-back losses, although their status as ‘draw kings’ remains intact after eight stalemates across their last 13 league games (W2, D8, L3). They also top an unwanted table as the joint-leader in least points picked up after scoring the opener (W3, D4, L4), with the 11 goals they’ve conceded beyond the 80th minute playing a major role in their ability to forfeit an initial lead.
- A defeat here at the weekend also ended Torino’s club-record streak of five consecutive SA home draws, but carried on their dreadful top-flight home form this season that’s seen them fail to record a win on home turf (D7, L5) – the only side left to do so.
- Another draw certainly appears likely as Sassuolo have drawn six SA H2Hs since 2015 (W2, D6, L4), including the reverse fixture (3-3), and subsequently have recorded more draws vs Torino than any other top-flight side during that period. Although they have lost just once across their last five SA games (W2, D2, L1), Sassuolo are hunting back-to-back league wins for the first time since October as they look to make a late European qualification dash.
- However, the visitors have picked up just four of 18 points available on the road this calendar year (W1, D1, L4). Whilst four of those six away games were level at HT, there shouldn’t be any shortage of action, as five of those six witnessed both teams score by FT.
- Players to watch: New signing Antonio Sanabria netted Torino’s last goal in both of his SA games so far. Meanwhile, Sassuolo talisman Francesco Caputo has scored the game’s final goal in his last three SA scoring games – as well as the reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: Sassuolo have conceded exactly once before HT in eight of their last nine SA games.
|Head-to-head matches: TORINO – SASSUOLO|
|23.10.20||SA||Sassuolo||Torino||3 : 3|
|18.01.20||SA||Sassuolo||Torino||2 : 1|
|25.08.19||SA||Torino||Sassuolo||2 : 1|
|12.05.19||SA||Torino||Sassuolo||3 : 2|
|22.12.18||SA||Sassuolo||Torino||1 : 1|