Match Preview: Arsenal 0-1 Olympiacos Piraeus Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League
Arsenal – Olympiacos Piraeus Prediction and Tips for today, March 18, 2021
Football: Europa League – Play Offs – 1/8-finals
Kick-off: 18:55 Arsenal – Olympiacos Piraeus
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal head into this UEFA Europa League (UEL) second leg in high spirits after dominating in Piraeus (3-1) and winning 2-1 in the North London derby at the weekend. The ‘Gunners’ have been firing on all cylinders in this competition, scoring 2+ goals in all but one UEL game this term (W8, D1), which saw them become the highest-ever scoring English team in the UEL group stage.
- Confidence flows at the Emirates as Arsenal’s only two defeats here across their last 11 competitive home games came against league-leading Manchester City (W5, D4, L2 – 90 minutes). Moreover Arsenal boast a commanding 80% unbeaten rate in home fixtures vs Greek opposition (W6, D2, L2) – five of those were vs Olympiacos, three of which saw both teams score before HT.
- Whilst Olympiacos bounced back from that first-leg defeat with an expected league victory, this is a tougher assignment given that they were eliminated from the UEL Round of 16 in their three prior appearances. Furthermore, the ‘Olympians’ have progressed when losing the first leg at home in just two of 11 such UEFA ties, but never from a two-goal deficit.
- Each of Olympiacos’ last six competitive away games saw both teams score, whilst five also witnessed scoring in both halves. However they may struggle here given their woeful overall record on English soil in UEFA competition (W2, D1, L15), with Olympiacos failing to score in 11 trips (73.33%).
- Players to watch: With a goal here, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang would become the first player to score in four straight designated European home games for Arsenal since Robin van Persie in 2009. Of Youssef El-Arabi’s four career UEL goals, two came against Arsenal – he’s also scored in three straight competitive appearances.
- Hot stat: Arsenal have qualified from five of six UEL knockout ties when winning the first leg, albeit the only exception came in the 2019/20 Round of 32 against Olimpiacos!
|Head-to-head matches: ARSENAL – OLYMPIACOS PIRAEUS|
|11.03.21||EL||Olympiacos Piraeus||Arsenal||1 : 3|
|27.02.20||EL||Arsenal||Olympiacos Piraeus||1 : 2 (0 : 1)|
|20.02.20||EL||Olympiacos Piraeus||Arsenal||0 : 1|
|09.12.15||CL||Olympiacos Piraeus||Arsenal||0 : 3|
|29.09.15||CL||Arsenal||Olympiacos Piraeus||2 : 3|
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Argentina - Jamaica Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: Qatar - Chile Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: England - Germany Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE
Match Preview: Andorra - Latvia Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE