Match Preview: Zwolle 2-1 Venlo Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Zwolle – Venlo Prediction and Tips for today, March 21, 2021
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 27
Kick-off: 12:15 Zwolle – Venlo
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- After recording defeat in his first two games in senior management, PEC Zwolle coach Bert Kontermann will hope his first victory can come here against struggling VVV-Venlo. Kontermann can’t take too much stick for those losses as Zwolle were outsiders for both, but now start as favourites here, and have proved difficult to beat when entered as Eredivisie favourites this term (W2, D5, L2).
- However Zwolle have scored the opener in a league-low three home games (23.11%), although they’ve picked up more points when conceding the opener at home (W2, D2, L4) than all but AZ. In fact, Zwolle have picked up five points from losing HT positions in three of their last four games here (W1, D2, L1).
- Following a seventh straight league defeat last time out, VVV-Venlo sacked Hans de Koning and now Jos Luhukay has taken the reins. A good performance is needed as Venlo could end the round in the bottom three if they fail to win here, but appear in good hands as Luhukay is unbeaten in the opening game during his last six club management roles (W3, D3).
- The new boss needs to address their bad starts though, as Venlo have conceded the opening goal in a league-high ten away games (W1, D1, L8). Either way we could be in for a thriller as ten of Venlo’s last 11 league trips produced over 2.5 total goals, whilst nine saw both teams score.
- Players to watch: January signing Virgil Misidjan (three goals) scored and assisted in Zwolle’s only league victory across the last seven rounds. One more goal for Georgios Giakoumakis (24 Eredivisie goals) would make him the highest scoring player in a top-flight season across Venlo’s 118-year history!
- Hot stat: Venlo have scored almost twice as many away league goals between 76’-FT (nine) than before HT (five). Half of Venlo’s away points were earned through those late strikes.
|Head-to-head matches: ZWOLLE – VENLO|
|28.11.20||ERE||Venlo||Zwolle||2 : 2|
|14.12.19||ERE||Venlo||Zwolle||1 : 2|
|12.05.19||ERE||Zwolle||Venlo||2 : 4|
|21.12.18||ERE||Venlo||Zwolle||2 : 0|
|04.03.18||ERE||Zwolle||Venlo||1 : 1|
Match Preview: Willem II - Waalwijk Prediction and Betting Tips | Eredivisie
Match Preview: AS Roma 1-1 Atalanta Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Match Preview: Millwall 1-2 Bournemouth Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Match Preview: Brentford 1-1 Cardiff Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship