Match Preview: Montenegro 4-1 Gibraltar Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup – Qualification
Montenegro – Gibraltar Prediction and Tips for today, March 27, 2021
Football: World Cup – Qualification
Kick-off: 15:00 Montenegro – Gibraltar
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Montenegro’s 2-1 win at Latvia earlier this week was the first time they’ve started a new World Cup Qualification (WCQ) campaign with victory since gaining independence in 2006! That result also made it just one loss across their previous ten international matches (W6, D3), with five of those wins being accompanied by a clean sheet.
- Despite the positives, the hosts have struggled at home recently failing to win 60% of their previous ten international home outings (W4, D4, L2), and worryingly, four of those six drawn/lost matches came vs nations ranked outside of FIFA’s top 90 (D3, L1). Furthermore, whilst huge favourites here, Montenegro have scored under 1.5 goals in three consecutive home matches against nations ranked outside the top 100!
- A recent undefeated UEFA Nations League campaign (W2, D2) saw minnows Gibraltor (#195) promoted to League C of that tournament, but they were brought back down to earth with a 3-0 defeat vs Norway in their opening WCQ fixture. Now participating in their second WCQ campaign, Gibraltar have lost their previous 11 such qualifiers, witnessing an average losing margin of 4.27 goals per game.
- Scoring goals has been an issue on the road for the visitors, as Gibraltar have never scored over 1.5 goals in competitive action on foreign soil. Furthermore, the fact they failed to score in their previous competitive road trip – which was against the lowest ranked team in the world San Marino (#210) – is highly concerning!
- Players to watch: Montenegro have won the last six competitive fixtures in which Stevan Jovetić has scored in – he was his nation’s first scorer on each occasion. For the visitors, Tjay De Barr was the last Gibraltar player to score on the road.
- Hot stat: Montenegro have scored the opener by the 15th minute in their last three international home wins.