Kazakhstan – France Prediction and Tips for today, March 28, 2021
Match Preview and Predictions
- Kazakhstan enter this opening game of their 2022 World Cup Qualification (WCQ) campaign after winning just two of their last 13 internationals (W2, D3, L8), with both wins coming against nations ranked outside of FIFA’s top 120! Furthermore, the fact they have failed to score after HT across in their last six fixtures will be a concern.
- The hosts may have won just one of their previous four opening home game of a new WCQ (W1, D1, L2), but they have at least found the net on each occasion, including an encouraging 2-2 draw against Poland (#19) in their last campaign. Goalless draws excluded, the opener has been scored within 30 minutes in all but one of Kazakhstan’s last seven WCQ home fixtures.
- Reigning champions France make the 5000km long trip to Nur-Sultan after suffering a shock 1-1 draw against Ukraine at Stade de France earlier this week, although they are unbeaten in their previous 14 competitive matches (W11, D3). Already strongly fancied to win against the 112th-ranked hosts, France have also won each of their prior six WCQ games following a draw.
- Here, the world’s number two nation will be looking to extend their impressive run of six competitive wins on the road, while keeping a first-half clean sheet on each occasion! Furthermore, the French can take encouragement from the fact they have won by a 3+ goal margin in their previous two away competitive matches vs nations ranked outside the top 120.
- Players to watch: Abat Aymbetov has scored Kazakhstan’s last two home goals, both in 2-1 losses. For the visitors, PSG striker Kylian Mbappé has scored the decisive goal in three of France’s previous six competitive road trips.
- Hot stat: France have scored the opener by the 30th minute in four of their last five WCQ wins on the road.