Azerbaijan – Serbia Prediction and Tips for today, March 30, 2021
Match Preview and Predictions
- Azerbaijan lost their World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) opener to Portugal (1-0) in what was their fifth straight competitive fixture to see them fail to score (D3, L2). However, with just one of Azerbaijan’s last six such matches witnessing them concede over 1.5 goals, they make take some breaking down here.
- The last time Azerbaijan (FIFA rank: #108) beat a team from FIFA’s top 50 was back in 2016, when they defeated Norway here in WCQ (1-0). Worryingly, the hosts are winless on home soil in six competitive outings (D2, L4), with three of those four losses arriving after conceding first in the opening 20 minutes and via a 2+ goal final margin. Additionally, three of those games also saw Azerbaijan lose one half exactly 2-0.
- Serbia came from two down against Portugal to claim a draw after winning the second-half 2-0 and are now unbeaten after their opening two WCQ fixtures (W1, D1). The Serbs have been entertaining to watch as four of their last six competitive fixtures have featured over 3.5 goals, including three straight. Additionally, those two recent WCQ matches witnessed both teams find the net at least twice.
- Continuing the goals theme, each of Serbia’s last six competitive away matches have seen both teams score, with the visitors grabbing the opener in five, including the last three in a row (W2, D3, L1 – 90 mins).
- Players to watch: Ramil Sheydaev netted Azerbaijan’s first goal after 616 minutes of play in their last friendly against Qatar, with three of his last five strikes coming before the break. For Serbia, Filip Kostič scored a second-half equaliser against Portugal, but three of his last five competitive goals arrived before the break.
- Hot stat: Over 1.5 goals have been scored before the break in four consecutive competitive matches featuring Serbia, whilst the same is true in just one of Azerbaijan’s previous 12 outings.
|Head-to-head matches: AZERBAIJAN – SERBIA|
|07.06.15||FI||Serbia||Azerbaijan||4 : 1|
|17.10.07||EUR||Azerbaijan||Serbia||1 : 6|
|02.09.06||EUR||Serbia||Azerbaijan||1 : 0|