Sweden – Estonia Prediction and Tips for today, March 31, 2021
Football: Friendly International
Kick-off: 16:45 Sweden – Estonia
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Two World Cup qualification (WCQ) wins ‘to nil’ for Sweden (FIFA rank: #20) will give them plenty of confidence ahead of this match, where they’ll look to build on their record of three wins from their previous four friendlies. Curiously, each of their last four internationals have witnessed a goal in either the 35th or 36th minute, and all featured the same HT/FT outcome too, so this game could be decided early on.
- Without a draw in five home matches (W3, L2), only one of those games saw both sides on the scoresheet, and another clean sheet could be on the cards here as Sweden have won their last two home matches against sides ranked outside FIFA’s top 100 by a 3-0 scoreline.
- Winless since March 2019, Estonia (FIFA rank: #108) unsurprisingly conceded 4+ goals in each of their opening two WCQ matches en route to two defeats. However, they’ve fared better this millennium against their hosts (D2, L1) although they’re yet to score a goal before HT in any of the five meetings since becoming an independent nation.
- Ominously, they’ve drawn a blank in seven of their last nine away internationals (D2, L7) and conceded at least twice in five of their previous six. Furthermore, each of their last three away outings against sides currently ranked in FIFA’s top 20 ended in defeats ‘to nil’ by a 4+ goal margin, with six (35.29%) out of 17 goals conceded therein arriving before the 25th minute.
- Players to watch: Viktor Claesson has scored first-half goals in two of Sweden’s last three internationals, whilst Henri Anier has scored three of Estonia’s last six goals away from home, each coming between the 30th and 65th minute.
- Hot stat: Estonia haven’t scored before the 30th minute on foreign soil as the designated away side since November 2017 (W4, D6, L12).
|Head-to-head matches: SWEDEN – ESTONIA|
|07.01.18||FI||Sweden||Estonia||1 : 1|
|06.01.16||FI||Sweden||Estonia||1 : 1|
|04.09.14||FI||Sweden||Estonia||2 : 0|
|11.10.97||WC||Sweden||Estonia||1 : 0|
|08.06.97||WC||Estonia||Sweden||2 : 3|
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Urartu - Ararat Yerevan Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Hamburger SV - Stuttgart Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Twente - Heerenveen Prediction and Betting Tips | EREDIVISIE
Match Preview: Manchester City - Manchester Utd Prediction and Betting Tips | FA CUP