Match Preview: Bournemouth 3-1 Middlesbrough Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Bournemouth – Middlesbrough Prediction and Tips for today, April 2, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 39
Kick-off: 15:00 Bournemouth – Middlesbrough
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Play-off chasing Bournemouth welcome Middlesbrough for a crucial clash with an interesting twist. Bournemouth are managed by former Boro player and boss Jonathan Woodgate, who made way for current Middlesbrough manager Neil Warnock last season. The ‘Cherries’ are currently unbeaten in eight of the 11 games under his leadership (W6, D2, L3).
- None of Bournemouth’s last ten competitive home games ended level (W5, L5), with the team scoring first going on to win nine of those, despite five seeing both teams score. It may not be so straightforward here though given what is at stake, and considering Bournemouth have picked up more points than all but four sides when conceding first at home (W2, D1, L5).
- Middlesbrough are under no illusions that their entire season rests on the next three games as they have a six-point gap to make up, as well as three sides to leapfrog if they’re to get into the top six. However they’re plagued by inconsistency after following up back-to-back victories with defeat, although they haven’t registered consecutive defeats since February (W5, D1, L3).
- Whilst four of Middlesbrough’s six away league wins came after defeat in their prior trip, their record when starting as away league outsiders leaves much to be desired (W3, D4, L4). Furthermore, Warnock’s men have scored first in just 31.58% of their away league games so far, but encouragingly, have registered more points than all but two sides when conceding first (W3, L7).
- Players to watch: Dominic Solanke has scored 20% of Bournemouth’s league goals this season (11), including their last at home and the opener in the reverse fixture. Despite joining in November, Duncan Watmore has become Middlesbrough’s top league scorer with six goals – he seeks to end a six-game duck with only his second away goal for the club.
- Hot stat: Each of Warnock’s three personal H2Hs with Bournemouth produced exactly two goals (W1, D1, L1).
|Head-to-head matches: BOURNEMOUTH – MIDDLESBROUGH|
|19.09.20||CHA||Middlesbrough||Bournemouth||1 : 1|
|24.10.17||EFL||Bournemouth||Middlesbrough||3 : 1|
|22.04.17||PL||Bournemouth||Middlesbrough||4 : 0|
|29.10.16||PL||Middlesbrough||Bournemouth||2 : 0|
|21.03.15||CHA||Bournemouth||Middlesbrough||3 : 0|