Feyenoord – Sittard Prediction and Tips for today, April 4, 2021
Football: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 28
Kick-off: 11:15 Feyenoord – Sittard
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- A run of just one win from Feyenoord’s last six Eredivisie games has left their top-three challenge dented (W1, D4, L1), and manager Dick Advocaat will now be aiming for a strong run-in so he can bow out having guaranteed European football. Notably, three of their last four games saw Feyenoord fail to win despite scoring the opener (D2, L1).
- De Kuip has proven a fortress for Feyenoord this season, where they’ve lost just one home league game (W7, D5, L1) and even avoided defeat in three of four matches when conceding first here (W1, D2, L1). Moreover six of Feyenoord’s seven home league wins saw a 2+ goal margin, and they are yet to trail at HT on home turf (HT: W5, D8).
- Although Fortuna Sittard lost their last game ahead of the international break, their revival has been clear under boss Sjors Ultee. Sittard have shot up from 17th to 11th ahead of this round, picking up more points than all but Ajax, AZ and PSV since Ultee’s re-appointment (W10, D1, L6) Notably, those league fixtures averaged 2.77 total goals per game.
- Strong-travelling Sittard are now unbeaten in seven of their last eight away league games (W6, D1, L1) whilst scoring 2+ goals in five of the last six. Subsequently, Sittard have picked up 58.82% of their points on the road, and no side has won more times as an away underdog than Sittard this Eredivisie campaign (W5, D2, L5).
- Players to watch: Feyenoord top-scorer Steven Berghuis returns from international duty in high spirits after scoring his first two goals for the Netherlands, both of which were match openers. As for Sittard, Lisandro Semedo has contributed to four goals across their last four away league games (three goals, one assist).
- Hot stat: Feyenoord manager Advocaat has won his last six personal H2Hs with Sittard, all six of which saw both teams score.
|Head-to-head matches: FEYENOORD – SITTARD|
|22.11.20||ERE||Sittard||Feyenoord||1 : 3|
|22.02.20||ERE||Feyenoord||Sittard||2 : 1|
|28.01.20||KNV||Sittard||Feyenoord||1 : 2
(1 : 1)
|06.10.19||ERE||Sittard||Feyenoord||4 : 2|
|15.05.19||ERE||Sittard||Feyenoord||1 : 4|