Match Preview: Middlesbrough 1-1 Watford Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Middlesbrough – Watford Prediction and Tips for today, April 5, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 40
Kick-off: 12:30 Middlesbrough – Watford
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Middlesbrough’s play-off hopes took a huge blow on Good Friday, and only divine intervention – along with the strength to move a boulder – can revive the Teesiders’ charge. That said, ‘Boro’ have never registered three straight defeats with Neil Warnock in charge, posting a record of: W4, D2, after successive losses under the seasoned coach.
- The spear of destiny is at least flying in their favour on home turf these days, with ‘Boro’ winning back-to-back home league games ahead of this clash. They notably protect a 233-minute run without conceding a goal here, but a continuation of that seems unlikely, as they’ve won just one (D3, L5) of their last nine home league games entered as outsiders.
- Travelling north after six straight wins, automatic promotion contenders Watford have been ‘King of Kings’ on the road lately, winning as many away league games across their last five trips (W4, L1) as they did in 27 prior. In turn, Watford currently boast an unbeaten rate of 81.25% as away league favourites (W7, D6, L3).
- Watford’s chances of rising again into the Promised Land have been aided by a 45% clean-sheet win rate across all venues since manager Xisco’s appointment (Dec 2020). However, defensive solidity has affected the entertainment value of Watford’s road trips in particular, with 73.69% of their away league games producing under 2.5 goals.
- Players to watch: Middlesbrough top-scorer Duncan Watmore ended his six-game duck last time out, though two of his last three goalscoring appearances have come in defeats. Meanwhile, Watford midfielder Ken Sema has scored in two of his last three league games, while also netting his side’s third goal in two of their last three away victories.
- Hot stat: Middlesbrough manager Neil Warnock has lost over half of his personal H2Hs vs Watford (W9, D4, L15), with defeats in each of the last five such games.
|Head-to-head matches: MIDDLESBROUGH – WATFORD|
|11.09.20||CHA||Watford||Middlesbrough||1 : 0|
|14.01.17||PL||Watford||Middlesbrough||0 : 0|
|16.10.16||PL||Middlesbrough||Watford||0 : 1|
|06.04.15||CHA||Watford||Middlesbrough||2 : 0|
|25.10.14||CHA||Middlesbrough||Watford||1 : 1|