Match Preview: Brentford 0-0 Birmingham Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Brentford – Birmingham Prediction and Tips for today, April 6, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 40
Kick-off: 19:00 Brentford – Birmingham
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Brentford’s push for a first top-flight appearance since 1946/47 has taken a severe dent with three consecutive score draws – despite scoring first on two occasions – and claiming an automatic promotion place now looks all but impossible. Last season’s beaten playoff finalists look destined for the playoffs once again, but ending a five-game winless run against relegation-threatened Birmingham City is surely needed to stop the rot and keep the ‘Bees’ flying high.
- Those five H2Hs saw Brentford net an average of just 0.40 goals per meeting, yet the Championship’s highest scorers (1.74 goals scored on average per match) will believe they have the attacking flair to do better this time around. However with six of their ten Championship home wins this term witnessing a level HT scoreline, and Brentford conceding the opener before the 15th minute in three of their previous five home matches (W3, D1, L1), the hosts may be slow to get going.
- Birmingham have been slow starters too, netting just once before the 60th minute across their last seven games! Despite that, they’ve still won two of their previous three (L1), but the threat of returning to the third tier of English football for the first time since 1994/95 remains if they can’t continue to pick up positive results.
- However it’s on the road that the ‘Blues’ have performed best, registering an admirable 68.42% unbeaten rate this Championship campaign (W5, D8, L6). Although that said, Birmingham have failed to score in all three road trips vs top-four teams so far (D1, L2).
- Players to watch: Three of Brentford’s last four games saw Ivan Toney break the deadlock within 15 minutes via a penalty. Birmingham’s Scott Hogan also scored a penalty last time out – his third straight Championship strike to be netted after the 60th minute.
- Hot stat: All eight draws Birmingham have registered on the road this Championship campaign were also level at HT.
|Head-to-head matches: BRENTFORD – BIRMINGHAM|
|12.09.20||CHA||Birmingham||Brentford||1 : 0|
|15.02.20||CHA||Birmingham||Brentford||1 : 1|
|03.08.19||CHA||Brentford||Birmingham||0 : 1|
|29.12.18||CHA||Birmingham||Brentford||0 : 0|
|02.10.18||CHA||Brentford||Birmingham||1 : 1|