Match Preview: Inter 2-1 Sassuolo Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Inter – Sassuolo Prediction and Tips for today, April 7, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 28
Kick-off: 17:45 Inter – Sassuolo
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Internazionale’s march towards their first Serie A (SA) title since 2010 continues after registering nine straight top-flight victories for the first time this season. Six of those saw Inter record a clean sheet, whilst another six saw the ’Nerazzurri’ open the scoring during the first half. The last four wins were all hard-fought however, with each coming via a one-goal margin including Saturday’s success at Bologna.
- It’s been a remarkable season for Inter so far, emphasised by their current ten-game winning SA run at home – the first time they’ve managed such a feat since 2010/11. They led at HT in four of the last five, yet they’ve been dominant throughout matches this term, as seen by the league-high 19 home goals they’ve scored beyond the hour mark.
- It wasn’t long ago that Inter dreaded a match against Sassuolo, with this game’s visitors winning seven of the eight SA H2Hs held between 2015 and 2018. Those heady days are now gone for Sassuolo, who are winless in the last four meetings, conceding 3+ goals in the previous three. Furthemore, the ’Neroverdi’ have lost all four league matches they’ve played against current top-four sides this term, conceding 3+ goals in three.
- The mid-table visitors have also lost three of their four away league matches against current top-six sides (W1), with all three defeats arriving across their last seven away outings. Worryingly, Sassuolo conceded during both halves in two of those defeats and lost the second half in all three.
- Players to watch: Romelu Lukaku’s (INT) first-half opener in Bologna last time out was his 20th goal of the SA season, although three of his last four competitive goals have arrived after HT. Similarly, Giacomo Raspadori (SAS) has scored both his SA goals this term beyond the 80th minute, including the equaliser against Roma last time out.
- Hot stat: Inter have won a league-high nine matches after a drawn first half – five were at home.
|Head-to-head matches: INTER – SASSUOLO|
|28.11.20||SA||Sassuolo||Inter||0 : 3|
|24.06.20||SA||Inter||Sassuolo||3 : 3|
|20.10.19||SA||Sassuolo||Inter||3 : 4|
|19.01.19||SA||Inter||Sassuolo||0 : 0|
|19.08.18||SA||Sassuolo||Inter||1 : 0|