Match Preview: Ajax 1-2 AS Roma Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League
Ajax – AS Roma Prediction and Tips for today, April 8, 2021
Football: Europa League – Play Offs – Quarter-finals
Kick-off: 20:00 Ajax – AS Roma
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Match Preview and Predictions
- Unbeaten in 24 games (W21, D3) ahead of kick-off, and HT/FT winners in two of their last three UEFA Europa League (UEL) matches, Ajax will be hoping that history can repeat itself. They won 2-0 at home en-route to the final the last time they reached this stage of the competition, and have impressively scored 2+ goals in each of their last five UEL games.
- Regardless, Ajax know a big task lies ahead, having only won four (D9, L6) of their previous 19 home games vs Italian opponents. Yet, the Dutch giants have won each of their last nine UEL home knockout (K/o) ties (W11, L4 overall) with the last four seeing over 2.5 total goals.
- As for Roma, the sapping effects of a three-game winless run in Serie A (D1, L2) must be slain by residual momentum from their 5-1 aggregate win vs Shakhtar Donetsk in the previous round. Forebodingly, Roma have lost out in five of their last six European quarter finals, though they’ve scored 2+ goals in seven of their last eight UEL outings!
- Roma currently have a 50% win rate in UEL K/o phase away games (W4, D2, L2). Meanwhile, both of Roma’s two prior away leg victories recorded this year saw them net once after the 70th minute. In turn, ‘La Lupa’ have averaged 1.25 goals per match beyond the hour mark across their last four UEL away wins (all phases).
- Players to watch: A victory for Ajax will see them equal Sevilla’s record of 11 straight home wins in the UEL proper, and Dušan Tadić could be a hero, having scored in seven of his last eight Ajax appearances. Also prolific is Roma’s Borja Mayoral, who jointly tops the UEL scoring charts with two others. Two of his four K/o stage strikes have come from the bench.
- Hot stat: Roma have a split record vs Dutch opponents (W2, D2, L2), with the games averaging 2.0 total goals.
|Head-to-head matches: AJAX – AS ROMA|
|19.03.03||CL||AS Roma||Ajax||1 : 1|
|10.12.02||CL||Ajax||AS Roma||2 : 1|
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Argentina - Jamaica Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: Qatar - Chile Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: England - Germany Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE
Match Preview: Andorra - Latvia Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE