Match Preview: Manchester City 1-2 Leeds Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Manchester City – Leeds Prediction and Tips for today, April 10, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 31
Kick-off: 12:30 Manchester City – Leeds
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:2 LOST
Match Preview and Predictions
- Manchester City’s 2-1 midweek victory over Borussia Dortmund gave them a sixth consecutive win, and they’ve now lost just one of their last 35 competitive matches (W31, D3). Needing four more victories to guarantee a seventh top-flight title, it could be City’s defence that gets them there as their 28 competitive clean sheets this season is unmatched by any team competing in Europe’s top-five divisions.
- Trailing at HT in just three (9.68%) Premier League (PL) games all season, City have been formidable when starting well at home, taking the lead by the 35th minute in five of their last six PL outings here, and subsequently winning all five by an average margin of 2.20 goals. However, they conceded during the second half in the last three.
- A top-half finish is within the reach of Leeds United, and they’re unbeaten in three fixtures (W2, D1) following a 2-1 victory over Sheffield that saw them record 20+ shots in a PL game for the fifth time this season – only City (six) have done so more often. Scoring first in two consecutive PL outings, nine of Leeds’ previous ten games (W4, D1, L5) have now seen the team that scored the opener claim all three points.
- Without an away league draw this term (W7, L8), Leeds have struggled when visiting PL sides playing in Europe this season, conceding an average of 3.5 goals per game (W1, L5). Ominously, they’ve also leaked seven goals before HT across their last five away league fixtures.
- Players to watch: Riyad Mahrez has scored three goals across City’s last three home league games – his last six PL strikes all came after the 40th minute. For Leeds, three of Patrick Bamford’s last five PL goals were match openers, two arriving before the 30th minute.
- Hot stat: City have won ten home league games at HT/FT, and won both halves in six PL home matches too – both league-highs.
|Head-to-head matches: MANCHESTER CITY – LEEDS|
|03.10.20||PL||Leeds||Manchester City||1 : 1|
|17.02.13||FAC||Manchester City||Leeds||4 : 0|
|22.03.04||PL||Leeds||Manchester City||2 : 1|
|22.12.03||PL||Manchester City||Leeds||1 : 1|
|11.01.03||PL||Manchester City||Leeds||2 : 1|